Dish HDTV forum?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Spring is in the air, and over the past 24 hours we have been doing some Spring Cleaning to SatelliteGuys to make SatelliteGuys even better for you!

First we have reorganized the Dish Network forums and have gotten rid of the Dish Network High Definition and the Dish Network DVR forums and added a new Dish Network Technical Discussions Forum. This will make it easier for you to follow the latest on Dish Network! (from front page)

While I applaud you guys for the effort, I'm not sure doing away with the Dish HDTV forum was a good idea. Time will tell I guess. Anyway, thanks for putting in your time to help make things better guys.

waltinvt said:
While I applaud you guys for the effort, I'm not sure doing away with the Dish HDTV forum was a good idea. Time will tell I guess. Anyway, thanks for putting in your time to help make things better guys.

I agree with this poster..Doing away with the HDTV forum is very dissapointing to me..

guffy1 said:
I agree with this poster..Doing away with the HDTV forum is very dissapointing to me..

My only question is whether or not the D* forums are going the same way? I can't see why change one but not the other. I'm all for bringing back the specific forums, but if the change stays I won't be too upset.

The reason for the change was simple, with the old setup it was too confusing, someone would post a 622 question in the DVR forum or the General forum when it should have been in the HDTV area....

Fact of the matter is we are now to the point where all satellite receivers sold or installed for Dish Network are going to be HD receivers no matter if the consumer has a HDTV or not.

Because of this as time rolls on it will not be HD vs Non HD, instead it will be technical vs non technical.

Additional changes to other forums will be made as we are still spring cleaning. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Fact of the matter is we are now to the point where all satellite receivers sold or installed for Dish Network are going to be HD receivers no matter if the consumer has a HDTV or not.

Because of this as time rolls on it will not be HD vs Non HD, instead it will be technical vs non technical.

True about type of receivers sold but there will be HD specific vs non HD specific posts & threads of a non technical nature for some time to come and in the technical category, there will be many posts for non HD receivers for quite a while too. Maybe I'm just being cynical (imagine that:D ) but I anticipate a lot of "wading" through threads.

I realize you're not done "Spring" cleaning but just to put things in prospective, the Dish Network Forum Group (now only 2 catagories) gets almost 3 times as many views and posts as the Direct TV Forum group (which still has 3 catagories)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts