DISH help in philly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

enricong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I currently have DirecTV using the old MPEG2 HD with a R5000-HD so I can record transport streams. I plan to move in about a month the NJ near philly. I figure this is a good time to upgrade my HD. R5000-HD will only support mpeg4 with DISH so I figure I'll just switch to Dish network, their programming is pretty close and will prob catch up pretty soon.

I got a chance to check out my the apartment I will rent this weekend. My apartment will face west so I am not sure if I will be able to receive a signal. I noticed that the a few neighboring apartments had DIRECTV single LNB dishes on their balcony so I figured its a good sign. There is a building directly west of me, however it looks like I have a pretty good view of the SW sky.

Does anyone have any advice on finding out if I would be able to get service? I want to have my HD locals and most of the other HD channels. I don't care about the HD sports and ppv channels.

Also, I seem to remember that with DISH, some people need to get a second dish pointing to 61.5 Is there a way to find out if I need one, if thats the case, I will be blocked since I face west and I think 61.5 is SE.

You do need a second dish at 61.5 for most HD including locals. Check with a local dealer and have them check it out for you.
129 and 61.5 have very similar HD offerings (big difference is the locals and RSN's so he may (or may not) need a 2nd Dish. We have a 1000.2 and get 110, 119, and 129 which gives us the same HD we would get by having the wing dish at 61.5 except for our locals in HD.

Geoff

129 and 61.5 have very similar HD offerings (big difference is the locals and RSN's so he may (or may not) need a 2nd Dish. We have a 1000.2 and get 110, 119, and 129 which gives us the same HD we would get by having the wing dish at 61.5 except for our locals in HD.

Geoff

Phily does not have an rsn (thanks to Comcast), but the HD locals are on 61.5. The OP wants them so he needs 61.5. Also, 129 is very hard to get in the Northeast due to how low it is, Phily included.

I went to get the apartment today but it was taken, I was forced to take another that faces NE. I guess this is OBE now.

I checked and now I think the only one I can get is 61.5 now, maybe. I assume having only 61.5 won't do anything for me. Perhaps that eastern arc thing

They tell me I can move in 6mo so I guess I can live with cable for a few months.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts