Dish help TSRIII talk....

ddgtomahawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Hello! the reason I wanted to make this thread is I have been on here just little bit but I have seen some misinformation and really negative views of calling into dish. I want yall to know when you call in you start from the bottom and go up. We have three levels in tech support there is TSR I, TSRII and TSRIII and follows the same in customer service CSR I,II,III. When you call in GENERALLY you start with a level 1 unless the calls are extremely high volume. I just hope this helps you understand why alot of the representatives sound new and if you really have some one that just doesnt have a clue then ask for a TSRII then go to a TSRIII if your still having a issue. That beats hanging up and calling in again! Also if anybody has any direct to Dish questions or just cant get help or if you were told something just verify it with me(Rebates, replacement receivers, tech questions, account related questions, Dish questions, Dishin It Up) or anything feel free to ask! I am really hoping I can help yall be a little bit less frustrated.

The number 1-866-419-5782 this is for direct tech support please do not notify the agents you used a direct number its causes the number to get changed more often.

Ha ha yeah only if its made aware though dish does not know its a direct call Because it still goes through the IVR automated hold and its a nice number to have if you have legitmate issues----also nice tailgate setup!

I wonder how many people are writing it down If you write down post I wrote it! I called it and someone picked write up kind of awkward im used to a ten minute hold.

Hello! the reason I wanted to make this thread is I have been on here just little bit but I have seen some misinformation and really negative views of calling into dish.

Some of those views are justified, even amongst other employees (non-phone answering ones...) on this site. My employees are advised NOT to call the call centers.

I want yall to know when you call in you start from the bottom and go up. We have three levels in tech support there is TSR I, TSRII and TSRIII and follows the same in customer service CSR I,II,III. When you call in GENERALLY you start with a level 1 unless the calls are extremely high volume. I just hope this helps you understand why alot of the representatives sound new and if you really have some one that just doesnt have a clue then ask for a TSRII then go to a TSRIII if your still having a issue.

Or how about because most CSRs last no more than a year? That sounds pretty new to me.

That beats hanging up and calling in again! Also if anybody has any direct to Dish questions or just cant get help or if you were told something just verify it with me(Rebates, replacement receivers, tech questions, account related questions, Dish questions, Dishin It Up) or anything feel free to ask!

This would be great, but CSRs are NOTORIOUS for being the last people to find out about the above. Not the first. Half the people posting on these forums are also retailers, and none of your training discusses items pertaining to their business or problems they'll run into with their customers.

I am really hoping I can help yall be a little bit less frustrated.

Good goal. Bad execution. Many CSRs have tried before you if you read the likes of this, DBS Talk and half the complaints forums on the net. Leave discussing policy to those who make it. You won't have answers for most of the questions these guys are asking.

It's 12:40 PM, do you know where your Coach is?

Yep.

On these forums, a nobody.

Do you have a direct line to Charlie too. Please tell him there a few thousand of his subs that would like to know his plans for 2008.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a direct line to Charlie too. Please tell him there a few thousand of his subs that would like to know his plans for 2008.:)

Well, if this guy is some csr, then he isn't even in the same building as Charlie nor in the same city, so... :rolleyes:

Way to go with shooting down someone who wants to help. There are alot of dish employee's and ex ones here that spend time on here helping and dont get paid for it, he may be new or may be niave or both but atleast he's willing to help out more than most of the csrs at dish.

Reactions: pattykay
LMAO damn talkin bout gettin your a@$ chewed out >> DDGTOMAHAWK >> Hey i'm a TSRIII been here about a year and 2 months and to tell you the truth i've learned a lot more here than the information we have avaliable here at work. But you gotta give him some credit he was just tryin to help out...Poor guy lol

Hey it's 12:40 do you know where your coach is?

Reactions: pattykay
Yeah cut the guy some slack. Dont take it personally DDGTOMAHAWK. Problem is there have been other CSR's that claim they can change the world when in fact they dont know #&$%^&%$&@. Personally I had a few questions for DDGTOMAHAWK and he was light years ahead of any CSR I have ever talked to.

... he may be new or may be niave or both but atleast he's willing to help out more than most of the csrs at dish.
Come on, every few months a new member comes along who's also a Dish employee offering to "help", give tips, and so on. Where are they now ? They either quit working for E* (not unlikely as call-center type jobs have high turnover) or they're "discovered" and either have to stop or are fired.

Unless he does this at home and even then does a really good job covering his tracks, I'd suggest he NOT offer more.

Hall even if he only helps for a short while its better than not helping at all and in helping others that info can be passed on again even after he's gone if he does leave.

Van,

Don't worry about it. There's always another one that logs on thinking they're the first to be offer to answer questions and making promises that they can't keep...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118027-csr-here-help.html

The sad part is it's posts like these that result in lawsuits and cancellations, because promises are made by people stating they're employees and when plans change or channels are dropped altogether consumers feel lied to. The people you guys really want to talk to are engineers and programming liasons, but those employees value their jobs.

Be carefull Zero. You better play nice or you will have to sit in the corner again.:D