Dish Hopper 3 with 54.0 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gopcs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I have the Hopper 3 with the 54.0 remote. I recently purchased a Vizio Soundbar from Costco.
I was able to program the remote to control the Vizio Soundbar volume when watching the Hopper 3. But, when I use the 54.0 to switch the TV input to the Blurray player or the Roku box, the 54.0 controls the volume on the TV, not the Vizio Soundbar. How do I make all of the inputs on the 54.0 remote control the Vizio Soundbar volume? Thanks.

I have the Hopper 3 with the 54.0 remote. I recently purchased a Vizio Soundbar from Costco.
I was able to program the remote to control the Vizio Soundbar volume when watching the Hopper 3. But, when I use the 54.0 to switch the TV input to the Blurray player or the Roku box, the 54.0 controls the volume on the TV, not the Vizio Soundbar. How do I make all of the inputs on the 54.0 remote control the Vizio Soundbar volume? Thanks.
Go back to Settings/Remote Control, scroll down to where it says Volume/Mute and click on Controls TV so it changes to Controls Auxilary Device

Go back to Settings/Remote Control, scroll down to where it says Volume/Mute and click on Controls TV so it changes to Controls Auxilary Device
I have it set like that now. And it works well when watching TV on the Hopper. The problems occurs when I select a different input to the TV like the Chromecast. The Volume on the 54.0 then tries to control the TV volume, not the Vizio Soundbar volume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)