Dish Hopper - Home Media question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gizbug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Anyone use this function. Loaded it up today for the first time. It found my Synology NAS, so I went under my Video folder, and said no events to view. Did not show subfolders or any of my MKV files. Any idea why?

Support for MKV files is flaky. Is that the only format you have ? I have a PLEX server set up and it works okay through the Hopper.

Yes, MKV is the only format I have. Currently I am using my Boxee Box to watch my MKV files. If the hopper can do it, then that would be great!

I can't use plex because my Synology is using an ARM processor so it won't decode.
The hopper sees directory Video. But the actual directory is Videos. When I open the directory, I have 5 SUBFOLDERS on my NAS, in that directory. On the hopper, it shows no subdirectories............

From what I've gathered, the media server doesn't make that much difference. I can't watch MKV videos on our Hopper through Plex and they don't show up for you from Synology.

Get a simple DivX MP4 and put in your video folder and see if it shows up. I'm not suggesting you convert your files from MKV though....

I used to be able to view video and audio files on my computer, but now my HWS no longer sees my computer. Both are hard wired to my Cradlepoint router. Any idea why this ability disappeared. Was it an "enhancement" in one of the software updates?

Yes, MKV is the only format I have. Currently I am using my Boxee Box to watch my MKV files. If the hopper can do it, then that would be great!

I can't use plex because my Synology is using an ARM processor so it won't decode.
The hopper sees directory Video. But the actual directory is Videos. When I open the directory, I have 5 SUBFOLDERS on my NAS, in that directory. On the hopper, it shows no subdirectories............

Move on from Boxee Box. get the Amazon fire tv and put in xbmc and use llama events to control it as an xbmc box. lama can also overtake an application to launch xbmc on selection click. plays all the mkv's you throw at it.

File Types supported for HomeMedia and DMR:
n Containers and codecs supported in video files
l Containers – MKV, MP4, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS
l Video codecs – MPEG2, H.264
l Audio codecs – AAC,ALAC, AAC_PLUS, AC3, MPEG, FLAC, WAV, LPCM
l STB side play lists – ability to queue up and play in sequence
n Audio files supported
l MP3 all bitrates and VBR/Non VBR
l Non DRM AAC and ALAC audio file support (iTunes files)
l AAC,ALAC, AAC_PLUS, AC3, FLAC, WAV, LPCM
l Server side play lists (shuffle songs, jump to a different song)
n Image formats
l JPEG
l Access to all EXIF information (some displayed in Home Media)

Better check the MKV compatibility. A number of people here report it not work well if at all and I have personally experienced it not work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)