dish hopper only recording end of program FOX

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Getting really tired of this. Been going on for a years now. Fox recordings start at end of program and a one hour program shows to be 2 hours. Been trying to watch Hells Kitchen and it starts at the end and gives me a spoiler! Can watch on demand after I delete show than have to empty trash. Can't believe there still not a fix for this!!!

Several people had this trouble before. Figured they fix it with a software update sooner or later. I created a manual timer. See how that works.

I found another thread on it but no answers.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I originally posted about this on October 6th, 2015 here: Strange PTAT Issue Only On ABC

At first it was just ABC but in later posts (if you search my posts you'll see I chimed in many times when others brought this up including the one you included in the previous post) you'll see I mention Fox as well. In some of those other posts I give the exact conditions it happens under as well as some suggestions that help in the short term (depending on the length you have your PTAT window set at). But it is not a permanent fix. I once even had a Dish VP looking into it but he left and it got dropped.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts on the subject, it is probably the only major complaint I have ever had about Dish. And not even so much as the problem itself but their lack of response/acknowledgement of the issue.

So the manual timer wont play. It shows up in DVD but when press select it will not play or give any options and of course the regular recorded one starts at the end. This sucks!

Last edited:
So the manual timer wont play. It shows up in DVD but when press select it will not play or give any options and of course the regular recorded one starts at the end. This sucks!
Someone posted recently that for those events that won't play, if you repeatedly press the Play button on the remote (instead of the Select button) then they will eventually play. So, that may be worth trying.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Since a lot of people don't have this trouble would getting a new hopper take care of it?

Last time I moved home for service I got lucky and they never changed my channels back which means no more having to move. My locals are only 2.0 audio so moved to get 5.1. Guess just live with it. I can watch on demand just can not skip commercials.

Reactions: pattykay
I get this sporadically on my receiver. I have the H3 receiver. I had a tech visit about a year ago, showed them the issue, and they had me turn OFF the prime time anytime recording feature. That fixed the issue but now have to manually skip commercials and remember to set timers for all prime time shows. Guess bug is still not fixed.

I get this sporadically on my receiver. I have the H3 receiver. I had a tech visit about a year ago, showed them the issue, and they had me turn OFF the prime time anytime recording feature. That fixed the issue but now have to manually skip commercials and remember to set timers for all prime time shows. Guess bug is still not fixed.
I set mine from 8 days to 7 days and now recorded correct for 2 shows. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: TheKrell
Interesting. Maybe it is the process of adding AutoHop after the 7 day delay, that is somehow causing the issue with the way the eighth day splits out each show's recording from PTAT.
That is when it happens, after the PTAT window has expired. When you "save" a program during the PTAT window it actually holds all the shows in the PTAT hours on that channel. For example if you save a 9:00 pm show on ABC and watch it during the PTAT window you can actually see the show after it (and I think the one before) from the "saved" program. After the PTAT window expires and the programs are actually "chopped up" is when the problem occurs. That is why having a longer window is actually better as it gives you more time to watch before it gets screwed up.

Back some 5+ years ago when I first reported this I was told that for autohop purposes markers were added and that was where the problem was. The markers were being placed in the wrong spot. No idea if that is true or not and also no idea why that would only happen on ABC and FOX. Furthermore if that was the case I would think it would be an easy fix.

Reactions: pattykay
I cant believe lived with this so long! I t still working. Just changed PTAT from 8 to 7!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts