dish hopper only recording end of program

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Getting really tired of this. Been going on for a couple years and seems to be getting worse. Prime time events will often start at end of program. The time left is way off also. One hour show will say almost 2 hours. Can usually watch on demand after delete show than have to empty trash.

I've had the same problem. Only happens on Fox network shows, but not on all of them. Of the ones that do that, they do it consistently.

I have had that problem too.
I have been blaming it on schedule glitches, like a ball game or a presidential event or an awards show.

Sometimes I can catch it on PTAT. Often I don't get to it for weeks. Sometimes I can get it on demand.
Sometimes I just suggest a few appropriate words, but Dish doesn't seem to hear.

Have you checked to the timer on the Daily Schedule? By checking this, you can see what times it has to start recording and to end recording.

Resetting the receiver has also helped clear out any glitches that may be going on. You can always reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. We have agents ready to assist with any account changes.

Have you checked to the timer on the Daily Schedule? By checking this, you can see what times it has to start recording and to end recording.

Resetting the receiver has also helped clear out any glitches that may be going on. You can always reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. We have agents ready to assist with any account changes.
I have tried reset. Does not always do it. Going to start paying attention to what channel. Think it FOX.

I automatically record the 10 PM news on CBS, since their sports always runs over on Sundays and they do not care about their customers. Their answer is to pay $5.99 per month for CBS go or whatever it is called.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FWIW, the problem is always on Fox and happens on both of my Hopper 3s. Doesn't matter if its a scheduled recording or a PTAT recording. Not on all shows, but once a show has the issue, subsequent episodes of the show will do the same thing. Been through numerous restarts for various issues but this problem persists.

Reactions: SimonBranson
I have posted numerous threads on this since AutoHop first became available. Never went anywhere. Happens more on ABC but also Fox. Don't waste your time resetting etc. This is not a problem local to your setup. It is a bigger issue that they refuse to address. It only seems to happen after the PTAT window lapses (i.e. when you watch after whatever time you have it set at such as 7 days). So if you have a short window and can't get to watch them right away you can extend the window to the max and that might help.

Prime Time is one continuous recording from the time it is turned on until 10 or 11 pm CDT depending on programming,\.

How can it miss the beginning of a program unless it is the first one at 7PM CDT/8PM EDT?

Reactions: TheKrell
Prime Time is one continuous recording from the time it is turned on until 10 or 11 pm CDT depending on programming,\.

How can it miss the beginning of a program unless it is the first one at 7PM CDT/8PM EDT?

It happens after the initial window expires. Usually when you have saved a PTAT program.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts