Dish Hopper Reboots

TR2017

Original poster
Jul 10, 2017
US
I have a Dish Network Hopper with 2 Joeys. The Hopper is in a well ventilated, open space. The original Hopper we had installed (January 2017) recently started rebooting on its own. Sometimes it would do this several times in a row or in a day.
Dish finally replaced it. Now the replacement is doing the same thing. It was just installed last week.

Is there a problem with the Hoppers and overheating? Or is there something else I should look at to fix this problem?

I have ordered 2 USB fans to place around this Hopper. They were not expensive and worth it for the sake of finding a solution. I am tired of Dish Reps asking if I have it in a Surge Protector and me telling them no each time. Wondering if others are having the same problems out there.

Every once in a while, a user has repeated failures of receivers and it turns out to be an electrical issue with their house wiring or it could even be LNB, switch, or node related (I seem to recall others having tracked down issues like this to one of those components a time or two).

Thank you! I will start troubleshooting things on that end and see if I find something to correct it. I'll also keep looking through past posts and see if I see suggestions from those that had a similar problem.

I had an APC UPS that was failing and it caused my two H2s to reboot. Luckily I could see the front panel on
the UPS and see it switching from line to battery and back again, over and over.

I was glad it happened when I was watching TV. If it happened during the night, I suspect that it could have
caused damage to the H2s.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts