Dish in Canada?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
We will be traveling across western Canada on our way to Alaska. I would like to occasionally set up the Dish. I found a site that generates Dish angles based on location (looks like it uses longitude and latitude for the calculations). I would be happy with hitting 119 but when you set up the calculation it offers echostar 119 2, 5, or 7? I thought there was only one echostar 119? Can someone clear this up for me? Also looks like if I shoot a single bird there is hardly any skew? Anybody have experience with Dish in Canada?

Thanks!

Since Dish is not allowed to be sold in Canada, some info may not be readily found but it should work in a large area there and it should work as well in Alaska. When you are pointing at only one sat, the skew is not needed but it should be noted in this case the skew would be set at 90, if you try it at 0, you will have problems trying to find any of Dish's sats.

I would be happy with hitting 119 but when you set up the calculation it offers echostar 119 2, 5, or 7? I thought there was only one echostar 119? Can someone clear this up for me?
technically its Echostar 14 but as long as the calculation say 119 the settings dont care if its Echo 7, 14 or Osama Bin Laden's personal satellite. The settings (elevation, azimuth) are the same...its based on the longitude spot (119W)

Also looks like if I shoot a single bird there is hardly any skew?
Thanks!

circular polarity (which DBS is) doesnt need to be skewed unless you have multiple satellites to look at (like 110 & 119)...if one satellite there is no skew

I'm not saying I know the law, but I have to think there is no prohibition for a U.S. citizen visiting watching Dish from their motorhome in Canada.

The site Dishpointer is the one I use for setting up my dishes. It provides all the aiming info as well as a visual of your location and draws a line towards the sat.

I have a friend who will be getting Dish via broker like myself who has Dish in Canada, I have an extra Dish(Bell the one that has the built in switch two LNB's with 4 outputs(I think) will this work with the Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)