Dish in front yard?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Who here has a dish (larger than a pizza dish) in the front yard?

When we bought our house in Pittsburgh I made sure it faced south, so that I could install a dish in the backyard. However, now i'm thinking I should of bought a house that faced north instead in order to have the dishes closer to the house and less coax required.

I have a 8' dish that I got for Christmas that I would like to install before the summer is over. we recently got a tree removed at the front edge of our house that would be the PEREFECT location requiring very little coax and less work for the installation. However, once the wife finds out about my thought it will be dead. :rolleyes:

If anyone has a dish larger than 6' in their front yard please post a picture, so that I could show my wife that others did the same.

I have an old pic from the front yard before the trees grew up used to live in the country now I'm stuck on cable here in the city cable my only choice at the moment my old dish was an old prodelin 10/12 footer it still up still have my equipments extra dishes fta box/4dtv/analog dish movers etc etc in storage for now just not being used much but having fun tuning up a friend with fta when I have time to play with it my set up in the front yard was less than a length of a football field from the road I have to find an old pic before the trees and now with the trees in the way lol someday I'll be back in full action on this fun hobby

Dish...

Standing on front porch, 10 foot C-band dish in plain view out front! :D:up

Attachments

• my dishes 014.JPG
    my dishes 014.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 285
I have my 7-1/2 ft unimesh in my front yard , only because it's the best spot to recieve the arc for me . In the summer time you can barley notice it , but sense it's black it is a bit more visable in the winter months and actually it doesn't look out of place .I ask my neighbors before i installed and they don't mind at all . In the next few weeks there will be a 10 ft and 8 ft sitting right along side. My wife is enjoying this hobby as much as i am ,,, henc more dishes going up . ;}

Attachments

• uni in front yard.jpg
    uni in front yard.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 256
You might think about painting flower(s) on it. :cool: :D

Or better yet, get one of those places that makes vinyl car wraps to make one for the dish. Take a cool picture and put it on a solid dish... :)

All of mine are at the border of my front and side yard....clearly seen from the road. The difference is I'm in the country and the distance from the road to the dishes is about 150Ft.....Still aggravates my neighbor across the road though lol....Blind

My house faces the front yard, about 50 feet or so from the street, so the picture is looking at the south side of the building, these dishes are clearly visible from the street. The flag pole is the halfway point between the house and street.

This is an older picture, there are more dishes there now, I should try getting a picture of this setup soon, but the neighbors don't seem to mind much.

As a matter of fact, in another thread I mentioned that one neighbor asked why I had all those dishes, and I replied ... "to keep in touch with the Mother Ship."

He ended our conversation rather quickly and muttered something about dinner on the stove as he left.

Photto

Attachments

• a few dishes.jpg
    a few dishes.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 222
I have a 36" dish in the front yard of our duplex..Pretty noticeable, but no one has said much to us because its not much bigger than a normal Dish Network or Direct TV Dish

Attachments

• 019_7A.JPG
    019_7A.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 021_5A.JPG
    021_5A.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 259
Here in L.A if I place a dish in the front yard, it will be gone the next day .. so no can't do

Here in L.A if I place a dish in the front yard, it will be gone the next day .. so no can't do

dont write "free" on it ;)

Thats what happens here. You put something out by the road you may get "FR" from the word "FREE" written on the sign and its gone ;)

I have my 7-1/2 ft unimesh in my front yard , only because it's the best spot to recieve the arc for me . In the summer time you can barley notice it , but sense it's black it is a bit more visable in the winter months and actually it doesn't look out of place .I ask my neighbors before i installed and they don't mind at all . In the next few weeks there will be a 10 ft and 8 ft sitting right along side. My wife is enjoying this hobby as much as i am ,,, henc more dishes going up . ;}

I need a wife like that. :) My wife is OK so far with 5 dishes in the backyard, but placing one in the front yard would be a little too much for her.

Within 5 miles of me there used to be about a half dozen BUDs in front yards until about 2 years ago. :(

These disappeared due to high scrap prices and something to do with pizza but nothing to due with the wife factor. A couple of these homes were quite "financy" and not run down shacks! ;)

dont write "free" on it ;)

Thats what happens here. You put something out by the road you may get "FR" from the word "FREE" written on the sign and its gone ;)

heh with free or not it will be gone. I've seen poles by themselves here and there once in a while with the cut off coax laying down below. Specially smaller dishes like Slimline and 1000.2

heh with free or not it will be gone. I've seen poles by themselves here and there once in a while with the cut off coax laying down below. Specially smaller dishes like Slimline and 1000.2

Wire up a little surprise for the thieves....a couple smoking holes and the hoodlums will leave your dishes alone...:)

Might have a little trouble repairing the damage for awhile...consider it cost of doing business...:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts