Dish in the sticks in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
My buddies and I do a fishing trip in Canada every year out in the middle of nowhere. No cell or WiFi. We normally don't have any connection to the outside world except maybe a satellite radio. This year the week we are gone we would like to watch Monday night football somehow if possible. We are all Browns fans and they are playing.
Other than listening to it on the sat radio, is there anyway we could stream or watch it over satellite? I have Dish and could take a receiver and dish. We will have a generator at the cabin. We drive to the lake then boat to the cabin.
Thanks for any help

My buddies and I do a fishing trip in Canada every year out in the middle of nowhere. No cell or WiFi. We normally don't have any connection to the outside world except maybe a satellite radio. This year the week we are gone we would like to watch Monday night football somehow if possible. We are all Browns fans and they are playing.
Other than listening to it on the sat radio, is there anyway we could stream or watch it over satellite? I have Dish and could take a receiver and dish. We will have a generator at the cabin. We drive to the lake then boat to the cabin.
Thanks for any help

Hey nightoll66, thank you for reaching out to us with your questions. Unfortunately, without a DISH antenna, or WiFi, we cannot guarantee that you would be able to view your desired game in this area. -Kim H.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey nightoll66, thank you for reaching out to us with your questions. Unfortunately, without a DISH antenna, or WiFi, we cannot guarantee that you would be able to view your desired game in this area. -Kim H.

We can take my receiver and a dish. I figure that would work, but wouldn't know how to aim the dish. I figured that would the best way than trying to get internet over sat somehow.

You will need to find a conus channel that carries what you want to watch that is strong enough for reception at your location.

Good, but be aware that the satellite conus footprints are by design set to focus on the continental USA, signal drops off quickly as you go north of the border.

It should work, depending on how far north you're going. I can't speak for the Western Arc, but if on the east coast, Southern Quebec, New Brunswick, western Nova Scotia you should be fine. Might have issues though if you're in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and or Newfoundland and Labrador. Use the dish pointer website to help point it. Good luck.

It should work, depending on how far north you're going. I can't speak for the Western Arc, but if on the east coast, Southern Quebec, New Brunswick, western Nova Scotia you should be fine. Might have issues though if you're in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and or Newfoundland and Labrador. Use the dish pointer website to help point it. Good luck.

Southern Ontario. About 50 miles NE of Wawa, Ont. Halfway up the eastern side of Lake Superior.

Southern Ontario. About 50 miles NE of Wawa, Ont. Halfway up the eastern side of Lake Superior.

That should be fine, you're not far from the Michigan border, just bring the dish and receiver and make sure you have a clear line of site, use the dish pointer site to line it up coordinate wise before you leave and print off the sheet. You'll likely be able to get a set of locals there as well

Pm sent

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys