DISH INSERTED ADVERTISING

I emailed Eric Sahl at Dish about this problem a couple of weeks ago. He has always responded to my emails in the past. This time he didn't.

And the commercials are still loud, especially on HD channels, and late.

I fixed the loud commercials on Dish. I canceled Dish and switched to AT&T U-verse. No more loud commercials. :D

I emailed Eric Sahl at Dish about this problem a couple of weeks ago. He has always responded to my emails in the past. This time he didn't.

And the commercials are still loud, especially on HD channels, and late.

Guess what? I wouldn't be expecting any more responses if I were you:

Dish Network dealmaker Sahl leaving

By JOHN OURAND
Staff writer
Published December 01, 2008 : Page 05

The executive in charge of negotiating programming deals for Dish Network is leaving the company, sources confirmed last week.

Eric Sahl, EchoStar’s senior vice president of programming, will leave the satellite operator by the end of the year. Where Sahl was headed after leaving EchoStar could not be determined.

EchoStar will start a search for Sahl’s replacement after the new year. In the meantime, many of his responsibilities are expected to be divided among Senior Vice President Michael McKenna, and vice presidents Carolyn Crawford and Andy Karofsky.

Click the link for the rest of the story.

Glad to hear the inserted LOUD commercials are being noticed by other people. I watch tv in surround sound and anytime I happen to doze off at night I'm immediately woken by some rediculously loud snoring or pro-active commercial.

The amazing thing about this is it's supposedly illegal. I read somewhere the FCC regulates how loud a commercial can be and it's not supposed to be louder than regular programming, but there is absolutely zero doubt that there is a problem with Dish's system. If Dish won't fix it, maybe our best bet is to file a complaint with the FCC.

I'm betting in this case, I'd have found out that the world had ended IMMEDIATELY, even If I hadn't "seen it live" on TV :)

BTW I've heard the "sports event immediacy" argument before. I just don't buy it. Satellite Guys sorts fans already live in a 2-3 second time warp due to satellite transmission-reception. A few more seconds/minutes can only matter if the result can be "spoiled" by someone who witnessed the event before you did AND communicated that experience before you have a chance to witness it yourself. So just close yourself off from the world until you see the whole event. From what I heard/read this is something many sports fans are already very good at :)

Talon Dancer

Old habits die hard....and I am always reminded that I am not watching live when I hit the forward button to skip the commercials. It's just not the same...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)