Need real OTA Programming Guide info

GreeneDish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Central VA
I subscribe to my locals (non-HD) and the station names match those I get when scanning my OTA channels. Dish keeps telling me they have no idea why I can't get programming guide info for the OTA channels. The info is there for the Dish locals but I only get the standard "digital service" information for the OTA channels.
They have replaced the receiver twice and are now telling me that they have submitted a "technical referral" and there is nothing they can do till they get an answer. When asked how long that might be, I was told "sometime in the next 18 months"
I have tried resets, rescans, and everything else but no programming info.
Am I missing something (other than the guide info)?
Is there anything I can do or try or am I just out of luck?

I have a VIP 622 DVR. I am not sure which satt's I point to (I am at work right now) The channels are the Charlottesville locals - ABC16/CBS19/FOX27/NBC29.

Just to be sure, you have removed your local OTA channels, hard booted the receiver, and then rescanned for your OTA locals and then waited for program guide info?

If you have done the remove, reboot, rescan, tell the Dish tech to send a "hit" to your receiver so that it realizes you have Dish locals and recognizes the OTA channels correctly.

Unfortunately, we (the Dish technicians and me) have done all these things.
Perhaps they are right and there is actually something weird going on.

Sometime a day, sometimes a week, sometimes a month or more.
I have never seen any OTA programming in the 18+ months I have had the receiver.

I have a VIP 622 DVR. I am not sure which satt's I point to (I am at work right now) The channels are the Charlottesville locals - ABC16/CBS19/FOX27/NBC29.

Where do your locals transmit from? There is a FOX27 {Dig 17}, WSLS 10 {Dig 30}, WDBJ 7 {Dig 18} from Roanoke, WSET 13 {Dig 34} from Lynchburg. ?????

OK, I just got off the phone with Dish and while I do not believe them, they claim that I can't receive the OTA programming guide because they do not have access to it. She say's that they get programming information for "their" local channels from Tribune and programming information for OTA channels from the local providers and since the Charlottesville stations "won't" provide them with the information, there is no way I can get it.

Yes, I just checked and they have the full line up. I think Dish is in the dark as to why I can't get them so they keep inventing things to put the blame elsewhere.

Question, if I have a leased receiver and am paying the protection fee can I get a local Dish provider to look at it or am I still limited to going directly to Dish?

I am experiencing the same problem. I have a 622 reciever. The only digital signal I can recieve is KXVA 15 (Fox Abilene, TX). All I get is "digital service" in the guide. I subscribe to HD locals, so I know that I should get the guide information. It had been this way since the station went digital Feb. 17th.

I have spoken to 3 different customer service techs and one of them outright lied to me by saying the guide information comes from the station, not Dish. When I confronted his lie, quoting the Dish website, he quickly changed his story and started trying to help me resolve the problem.

I have pulled the smart card, done several check switches, still no guide info. The last advice I got from a tech was to wait 48 hours and contact them again if it isn't resolved.

I have the same problem. LiLs from Dish, OTA with "Digital Service". They are not even mapped down. It has been 5 days. I am not wasting my time talking with tech support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)