Dish Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Otter Lake

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
North of the 49th
Have question on installing 33" dish on roof. I live on hill, were there is little in the way of wind breaks. Fall and winter storm wind gusts can reach 100K (60Miles) sometimes. Should I do anything special in mounting the dish. Thanks for the help :hatsoff:

Hmmm, I would make sure that you are mounted so your screws are into the rafters. Also make sure that you tighten stuff down pretty good, but be carefull when tightening the bolts on the mast, you can deform the mast if you have them too tight.

You do know that it doesn't have to go on the roof, don't you?

In fact, the roof is the last place I would put any dish of mine. Partly because of the things you are worried about, and partly because you may need to get to it from time to time.

You can *usually* find somwhere at ground level which is much more sheltered with an appropriate view of the sky, and where you won't trip over it.

You do know that it doesn't have to go on the roof, don't you?

In fact, the roof is the last place I would put any dish of mine. Partly because of the things you are worried about, and partly because you may need to get to it from time to time.

You can *usually* find somwhere at ground level which is much more sheltered with an appropriate view of the sky, and where you won't trip over it.
I agree
Thats the last place i would place a dish is on a roof theres always other options
I got mine palced under the eave right by a window, its keeps the snow and ice off the dish and i have easy access by the placement of the dish by a window. :)

you stuck it where ?

I got mine palced under the eave right by a window, its keeps the snow and ice off the dish and i have easy access by the placement of the dish by a window. :)
That sounds imaginative.
Got some photos of that install?
I'm having a little trouble picturing a dish there, much less a motor.
But, I'm looking for something besides a post in the ground, so any new idea is welcome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)