Dish installation - max coax length?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks. I don't think I have read about them before in SatGuys. Are sat amps used that much by DISH installers? Could these amps help rain fade?

Would be nice if it did wouldn't it. I miss my three separate 30" dishes, I had one for 119, 129, and 110 but the Hopper 3 had to have that DPH LNBF so I had to go back to a 1000.2 and I can tell it when it rains. Maybe the DPH42 switch will be out "soon."

Reactions: charlesrshell
The band stacking with H1 and H2 go up to 3 GHz so the amps probably won't work with the coax from node to receiver since they only work to 2 GHz or so. But you could run two lines from the satellite dish to a solo node (or 3 for a duo node).

I've not seen the frequency spectrum used for H3 but it could use LESS bandwidth than H1 and H2 (16 transponders (lets assume they ship a full transponder down the coax for each channel received)) should use less bandwidth than a single satellite of 20-30 transponders). However, signaling from receiver to the LNB is obviously more complicated and there's no guarantee that would make it through a booster amp.

Would be nice if it did wouldn't it. I miss my three separate 30" dishes, I had one for 119, 129, and 110 but the Hopper 3 had to have that DPH LNBF so I had to go back to a 1000.2 and I can tell it when it rains. Maybe the DPH42 switch will be out "soon."
I too am waiting for the DPH42 so I can put my 1000+ back up. I've noticed rain fade (Western Arc) with the 1000.2 dish and hardly ever had it with the 1000+. I did consider a dish farm of 3 30" dishes but decided it's overkill and the 1000+ works 99.9% of the time.

why such a long cable run? I did my share of installing and sometimes a minor dish location change like putting the dish on a pole, would make for a much better install, and save a lot of work

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just did a install this afternoon at a hospital.

Dish is on the roof, switches on the 7th floor. About 150 feet from the roof to the basement and 200 feet to the receiver.

You can get away with much longer runs than you think.

The biggest issue is with switch commands going from the receiver to the switch.

I think the RG11 solution is the best. Check ebay or craigslist for a 500 ft. spool and the connectors. They are much different than normal RG6 connectors. Thinking way outside the box... You could install the receiver closer to the dish, then extend the video signal via 30' HDMI or even HDMI over ethernet.

Actually, what I would do personally is jun run the RG6 first, and only do the RG11 if I have problems.

Reactions: bmetelsky
I just did a install this afternoon at a hospital.

Dish is on the roof, switches on the 7th floor. About 150 feet from the roof to the basement and 200 feet to the receiver.

You can get away with much longer runs than you think.

The biggest issue is with switch commands going from the receiver to the switch.

so claude your doing dish installs again:)