DISH installed tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are we talking a conventional AVR or a HTIB (Home Theater In a Box)?

Chances are pretty good it is a PCM versus direct digital issue.

Good point! On your remote, press Menu, 6, 7 and then make sure your are set to Dolby Digital/PCM and set mode to RF. That is the way I am set up and it works well over the optical cable.

Install has been complete for a few hours. A few notes

The installer did a great job outside, but was fairly messy inside. He left the boxes around the house for each receiver. The extra HDMI cables will come in handy, but I would have though he'd clean these up.
The TV2 analog sd tv's remote would not control the receiver unless I put my hand over the remote. The tech finally moved the remote, and all was well.
My signal strength seems a little low - mostly in the 60's and 70's. I have always heard that it needs to be higher to endure rain fade. Hope this isn't an issue.
The wired broadband wasn't working on the 722k, so the tech gave me a wireless usb dongle. Works great.
Dish Account Services is sending me a OTA module for the 722k, at no charge. I convinced them that being in tornado alley, it was necessary to have access to OTA during storms. They agreed.
The Dish Remote Android app isn't working. It says my receivers aren't online. Dish's web site shows one of them online, but not the other. I figured I'll give it a day for everything to be updated.

The install took about 4 hours, which is far more than I anticipated, but all in all, I'm happy. So far. :)

My signal strength seems a little low - mostly in the 60's and 70's. I have always heard that it needs to be higher to endure rain fade. Hope this isn't an issue.

Sounds like you are on the western arc looking at 110/119 and 129 if you have HD. 60s and 70s are decent for 110/119, and 60s are about right for 129. The signal strength meters on the receivers are not your "typical" meters like you would see on DirecTV having strengths in 90s and 100s. They are better described as signal quality meters, than signal strength, and within about 4 years the numbers were modified to better match handheld units. I would say that the absolute maximum signal strength possible on 119 would be around 90. 110 would be 85ish, 129 on the 8PSK TPs would probably be 70-75ish. This is with bigger dishes and ideal location and clear LOS. Once 110/119 switch to all 8PSK your "signal strength" will again drop to around the same levels as 129 on most TPs, maybe a little higher. It's just the way the receiver interprets the signal, and doesn't actually affect your signal strength.

Long story short, not sure if you are familiar with working the Point Dish screen, but if you are can you tell us your signal strength on TPs 14, 15, 16 & 21 on 110/119? Also, if you get 129, how about your signal strength on TPs 19, 20, 29 & 30?

A few notes
The wired broadband wasn't working on the 722k, so the tech gave me a wireless usb dongle. Works great.

The Dish Remote Android app isn't working. It says my receivers aren't online. Dish's web site shows one of them online, but not the other. I figured I'll give it a day for everything to be updated.
So the Ethernet Plug on the back of the unit isn't working? that's bad... very bad on a new receiver.. wireless needs to be above 40 for signal or even higher and should be on N band not G ... it falls back to G/B etc.. the problem is that you are much better served by N ... so if you don't have an N based router, get one.. especially if you have a lot of other wireless devices in house.

Correct about the "online" thing.. rarely would I expect dish's infrastructure ready to support 100% out of box, though you would think there's no reason not to.. except ... that updates have to be pushed, caching has to happen, and then the boxes get more stable, etc.. Updates are not just for features, but to fix issues that have come up since the firmware was originally loaded.. hopefully in the next year, Dish will find some way to make updates happen via the Internet so that they can be accomplished more quickly and by force of user rather than some haphazard nuttiness that they do now.

if you do end up still having problems getting access via Dish Online .. start a new thread or join one of the myriad of threads already out here... lots of us to help as well as Dish IRT.

RT-Cat said:
Don't hold your breath waiting for your rebate. You will turn blue, pass out, fall on the floor, die, be buried, and decompose long before the rebate arrives!:mad:

RT.

Rebates have been coming within 6 weeks or so for most....mine took 4. It comes in the form of a debit Master Card.

When I got dish installed in August, I had one receiver that started acting up the first night. I finally had to get them to come out and replace it. Kind of sloppy of the tech to leave the boxes behind. Hopefully you will get all the kinks out soon.

I did installs for a few years. My normal days route consisted of 6-7 jobs. If each job was getting 2 receivers then multiply that times 7 and that's how many empty boxes I would bring home each night. Screw that! Id stack them up neatly by the customers front door and as I was leaving id say " thanks for disposing the boxes" .

Only one receiver is showing as connected because as you said, the tech connected with a wireless dongle. So it's only going to show that one as connected. If he had used a slinglink, then you could have all three connected.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts