Local channels in two locations?

dpandkb

Original poster
Oct 3, 2011
Chicago
I have Dish service in the central time zone - near Chicago - and want to travel with a receiver to a remote cabin near State College, PA. Is there anyway to get my local channels from Chicago at the Cabin or to get local channels in the area of the Cabin?

Go Penn State!

...and now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

I have Dish service in the central time zone - near Chicago - and want to travel with a receiver to a remote cabin near State College, PA. Is there anyway to get my local channels from Chicago at the Cabin or to get local channels in the area of the Cabin?
you cannot get Chicago locals in PA due to spotbeams. Spotbeams work about 200 miles from the main location of the locals

Depending on how long you are at the cabin you could call Dish and move the address to the cabin. You'll get the locals there. When you go back to Chicago you'd need to move back

I don't think what we are talking about here is acceptable by Dish's customer agreement.

You will not be able to put your receiver onto your friend's account. Your receiver is active on your account and trying to add it to your friend's account is not possible. There are security measures in place with all receivers to prevent account stacking. You can purchase a Tailgater and a 211 receiver and use it at your cabin whenever you are there. Thanks.

Why is it that some people try to get stuff for free they know darned well they should be paying for them?
To the OP.....Set up a second account at the cabin in PA. Get the lowest channel package. When you leave the cabin for an extended period of time, place the account on "Dish pause"....

Dish Pause only lasts for 6 months. I have a feeling that he was traveling to central PA and rented out the cabin for a week or two for the Penn State - Iowa game. Dish Pause wouldn't work for him in that case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)