DISH installer does a great job

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I haven't needed an installer to help with my dish since 05 when I had Hurricane Rita come out and crush my sat dish. But I called this week around Wednesday and talked to the tech department about my recent self install of the new 1000.2 E. A. hybrid dish. I got good signals on both satellites after a lot of work back last month , but I noticed that I had about 6 transponders on the 72.7 sat that came in in yellow range anywhere from 23 to 39 . I didn't think this was right, so called the DISH Tech department and asked if I added the dish protection plan for $8.00 would they come out and look at my install and see if they could get those transponders to come in at least around 50 or greater. He said I had been with them for a long time and that they would send a tech out for FREE if I wanted.

Well the guy was scheduled to come out between 8:00am to 10:00am on Saturday this week. He showed up around 8:20 am and I was surprised since I got no call before he came out ,so I had to put my three dogs in my boy's room. He said the computerized call to warn you they were coming wasn't working .We went out back and he looked at my dish and said it looked fine but he hooked up this cool Sat buddy meter that you could peak the dish with. He programmed in 1000.2 hybrid dish for eastern arc and he adjusted the elevation a little higher than I had it and the signal came in around 61 on the main transponders.

He also installed my second dish I had in my shed on my second pole I used for my unauthorized 211k that powers my terk 44 clip on antenna for ota signal to my hopper ,tv.etc. So I have two e.a. 1000.2 sat dishes sitting side by side , one is hybrid and the other regular e.a. dish. He cleaned up any mess and gave me some extra new barrel connectors and we shook on it , I signed his computer screen and he was gone in less than 20 minutes. This guy had worked for DISH itself for 11 years and did a professional job and looked the part too. I was impressed and his name was Esteban.

{ Side note , he told me that DISH was thinking of getting in to solar panel installs for homes soon. Now that would be great too. Would love it if I could cut my electrical bill down.}

When I went in to check my transponders on the regular e. a. dish for my 211k, I got 50 or greater on those 6 transponders 25 - 31. ON the hybrid e.a. DISH for the hopper I saw those same numbers come up from what I had but I still had some low signals . I don't know how that will effect my signal strength ,but I haven't lost my signal yet. Maybe something with the hybrid dish that makes those transponders come in lower ,but not on the regular e. a. dish? But all the rest of my transponders came up about 5 - 10 points. So I just wanted to say that DISH did a good job on this install and was fast , efficient and answered all my questions and I really want to get that Sat buddy meter now. It makes installs fast and easy. :biggrin

I've used a bunch of different meters over the years. Finally in 2011 I graduated to the super buddy. Nothing else compares, hands down the super buddy is the best meter out there.

For Hughesnet installs there is an oasis app for smartphones. You tune the dish from your smart phone via wifi on the same network the modem is. That's pretty sweet too.

Dish could do the same thing for connected receivers via an app and wifi IF they wanted to. :)

The super buddy looks great ,but it is costly for a new one. I did see one on E-bay for around $300.00, but my wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money on one right now, since next month is BACK TO SCHOOL again.:coco

Reactions: charlesrshell
The super buddy looks great ,but it is costly for a new one. I did see one on E-bay for around $300.00, but my wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money on one right now, since next month is BACK TO SCHOOL again.:coco
Go for it. Tell her it is your early Xmas gift from her. It has worked for me, sometimes! Good luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)