DISH installer here telling me no Superstations on EA

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
They're here to upgrade me to EA and tell me they have to leave 110 dish up so I can get Superstations. Says they're not mirrored on EA. Anyone can confirm that? Thanks

They're done and gone. Very good job and Superstations are there with only one dish on the roof! Happy camper. They gave me a VIP612 to replace my 510. Installer said they average about 3 months before the hard drives burn out. Says he makes a lot of money replacing them.

That 3 month statement is about as accurate as his "keep the 110 for superstations" comment.

You might want to put a laptop cooler or other fan on it, as many of us do as insurance.

They're done and gone. Very good job and Superstations are there with only one dish on the roof! Happy camper. They gave me a VIP612 to replace my 510. Installer said they average about 3 months before the hard drives burn out. Says he makes a lot of money replacing them.

My 612 is 2 years and counting with no issues.

Thanks for the replies, I was getting nervous about the 612. My wife tends to tape series of shows and then not watch them till months later when she has the time. She would not be happy with a 3 month replacement schedule. We got one bad 722 and then the replacement has been good for going on 3 years. I guess every product has some defective units. So far the unit is nice and working well. It's just a bedroom unit anyway. It's also louder than the 510 it replaced, but I expected that based on our 722 downstairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)