Dish Introduces DTVPal DVR

I would love to get this just so I can take it to mexico. I want to record the novelas in HD over there and then bring it back to my house and watch it in HD, since there are no spanish channels in the US that air novelas in HD!! AHHH. lol

??

Nowadays, the settings are not on boards (EEPROM), but on hidden tracks on platters.

I thought the ATA specs had something to do with the power? ((0xE2))?? I think everyone is just barking up the wrong tree - but then again, anything is possible.

Can the DTVPal DVR record analog inputs? ie from a Dish 301, a vcr, etc.?
Anotherwords if you cascaded a antenna to the input of the DP301, then the tv output of the DP301 to the DTVPal DVR antenna input, would it record the DP301 from a channel 3 analog source?
OR could you use a combiner to input both the DP301 channel 3/4 and the antenna to the DTVPal DVR's antenna input and thus have the ability to record the DP301 and/or a digital station from the antenna?

Does the analog pass through just pass through to the tv? ...or are the low power analog stations recordable too?

Last edited:
Then it seems to reason that a 'analog to digital' converter will show up on the market eventually if not already, ...yes?

When is this DTVPal DVR scheduled to be available? I though I read mid-December somewhere, but it's still showing up as a pre-order on the website.

Since I cancelled Dish, I thought this would be a great device for our spare HDTV monitor. Because of the price, I pulled out my ol HTPC (minuet case) with the DVICO Fusion 5. Loaded up Beyond TV, Firefly remote, XBMC and a alpha version of Boxee for windows.

Good thing I never bought this POS from E. My HTPC can do a lot more, for less!

I've had one for over 10 days now and I can tell you that this receiver is kind of like the 622/722 receivers except for ota. The guide data loads very fast and it only goes out a few hours like 48 for the most part. The receiver locks up quite often and has to reboot a LOT. There is no power button on the outside so you have to unplug it to reboot.

It is like having the older DISH dvrs, before name based recording was downloaded to the new generation of sat dvrs. It works sometimes but is not reliable yet . The picture is good with hdmi and I am using it for my second hdtv in the master bedroom. It doesn't work just like the 622 /722 on some things. When you hit cancel to see how much time is left , nothing happens. When you hit guide there is no window pip for watching tv. When you skip forward /back there is a lack of sound for a few seconds. It reminds me of a cross of the 811 and the old 721 dvrs. A digital vcr basically for ota. I hope that Echostar will continue to download software to improve this receiver or it won't be a very successful dvr. I can see DISH /Echostar using the ethernet connection to download movies and pay per views to the receiver someday. That is a revenue stream that I see them trying to start , to supplement the Company.

couldn't i just hook the tv out on my 301 to the input port on the dtv pal and have a dvr system set up that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts