This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Yeah, kind of a bummer to lose SiriusXM and Dish CD music channels. The music channels included are not that great(MTV, BETJM, etc.) but to cut cost compromises had to be made....
Yep, SiriusXM is what is still holding me back from making the leap. Of course, in the two or three weeks I have been lamenting it, I have not tuned into. I currently have a $5 a month auto deal with them than expires in November (my third I'm Leaving offer). Might check to see what I can negotiate for a tier that includes streaming. Otherwise, Flex will save me $25.00 per from AT 120.

There are only about 3 SiriusXM channels I listen to in the car, and none of them are on dish. But thanks for the reminder that I'll lose that when I switch.

Yeah, kind of a bummer to lose SiriusXM and Dish CD music channels. The music channels included are not that great(MTV, BETJM, etc.) but to cut cost compromises had to be made....

If you do not mind spending an extra $9.99/month, try adding the Latino Bonus pack. This should grant you access to all the Sirius XM channels available on Dish as well some of the Dish CD channels (950-981 I believe) along with Disney XD and some Spanish channels of course. Still upset that Welcome Pack cannot add this but Smart Pack and Flex Pack can.

FMI: http://www.dish.com/latino/ and http://jnperry.net/2014/03/28/dish-network-latino-bonus-pack/

Please note that price recently decreased if reading the second link.

Reactions: pattykay and Hall
Use Pandora (free) on your phone and get a bluetooth receiver for your AV receiver. Sounds better than XM on Dish.
That's not a ideal alternative. What I like about Sirius, is listening to someone else s' "radio" as opposed to mine, which often becomes old and stale.

Reactions: pattykay and anex80
That's not a ideal alternative. What I like about Sirius, is listening to someone else s' "radio" as opposed to mine, which often becomes old and stale.
I use Pandora and Amazon Prime Music via bluetooth all the time. I set stations by genre as opposed to artists and I get a pretty good mix. I do have many stations set on Pandora both by genre and by artist. I set Pandora to Quick Mix and get a sprinkling of all of them. It's pretty esoteric, but my musical tastes are all over the place.

You can listen to other people's playlist on Pandora. You can also make your own customized "station" if you want.

Like SiriusXM playlists don't get stale?
Take a 6+ hour trip and see how long it takes for them to start repeating stuff.
You are not wrong about that, I've made three trips to FL in the past year, but still like the broad "spectrum" they supply. Sometimes I enjoy the repeats!

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8
Very much depends on what music channels you listen to. "The Bridge" as an example seems to have a smaller playlist then some other channels. 60's may play certain songs more than others but has a large playlist. Also I notice some channels like Velvet may have a playlist one month that changes some the next month. The draw for me is not just music it's being able to hear Baseball wherever I am or hear national news or talk too without constantly changing the channel looking,

Little Steven's Underground Garage is my primary go to channel...good Ole soul and Rock and Roll, new and old, chart toppers or not. Love the mix, repeated or not. Have heard dozens of songs I have never heard which I ended up buying through iTunes or Amazon.

Reactions: Tampa8
Seems an appropriate link in light of DISH having the Flex Package.
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/283725/core-tv-channels-shrink.html
That is because people watch certain shows ,not necessarily certain channels anymore. The only channel I watch reliably each day Mon -Friday is my local ABC station. It stays there most of the morning till 11:00am . The rest of the time I watch cable news and back to ABC for noon news , evening news. I only watch a handful of shows from cable channels and the rest of the time it is network tv that I grew up with. I think most people are similar in their viewing practices. This is why locals are so important to viewers; Local news and information. This is why the Flex pack skinny bundle is perfect for me.

Bit the bullet and switched to Flex. Was going to add Heartland since wife wanted Hallmark M&M, and GSN for Family Feud; but I'm already on movie pack which M&M is part of. We can also record FF twice a day on local to satisfy that need. $80 to $40 is great since I really only lost CNBC. Had to call in to get the $5 autopay discount and price lock (chat won't do it). Wouldn't give me the $10 DVR fee deal, only new customers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am thinking of switching to the flex pack so I just did a online chat to ask about the auto pay discount. I am not a new sub, I have been a Dish customer for 8 or 9 years in good standing. I currently have the welcome pack plus hbo. The rep told me the discount is only for new subs with auto pay but reading this thread it looks like existing subs were able to get it? I am not interested in a contract, I have been out of contract for a long time and the rep never mentioned a contract to me only the auto pay discount which I would be wiling to do but according to him I don't qualify for it. Should I try to talk to someone else?

Reactions: pattykay
Current good customers( if they qualify) can only get the discounted package deal with a 2 year contract. If you are not willing to do the contract you cant get the deal. Not sure about just the autopay 5.00 savings. Contact dirt on here to see.

Send me or one of my agents a private message with your account and pin, and we can research this for you.

Yes, you should be able to get that, but you need to switch to Flex Pack first. The autopay discount is not available with Welcome Pack.
The autopay $5 per month credit for 24 months does not require a contract, but you do not get the two-year price lock without the contract.
Try calling the Loyalty Department if a regular CSR will not let you get this deal.

I understand it is not with the welcome pack, I am planning to switch to flex but wasn't sure if I should switch before calling, thanks for the info. I will switch first then call.

Reactions: pattykay