Flex Pack Availability

Allan R

Original poster
May 22, 2023
Arizona
If I let my Dish Outdoor account expire will I be able to sign up for Flex Package with a residential account. I am currently grandfathered in to Flex Pack with the outdoor account. I don’t need an outdoor account anymore. My two year price lock expired in Feb. and my Flex pack went from $37.99 to $57.99 and they say they can offer no price lock promotions because my account is outdoor. One agent took me if I let my account expire I will not be able to get back on Flex Pack. I have followed this forum for years and had dis network for years.

My two year price lock expired in Feb.
I've never heard of anyone having a price lock on the dish outdoor account..If you truly have an Outdoor account and switch to residential account it shouldn't be any problem..I believe your not going to get any discounts for flex pack with residential customer..Only new customer deals you will be eligible for are the current 3yr price locks advertised on the Top 120 and higher packages

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've never heard of anyone having a price lock on the dish outdoor account..If you truly have an Outdoor account and switch to residential account it shouldn't be any problem..I believe your not going to get any discounts for flex pack with residential customer..Only new customer deals you will be eligible for are the current 3yr price locks advertised on the Top 120 and higher packages

I didn’t even realize my account was strictly outdoors until the agent told me. I was on a 2 year price lock for FlexPack at $37.99 which expired in Feb. I called in Feb to see about getting it renewed and they said it would not be a problem , then the cyber problem and I was unable to contact dish . I had auto payment but in April I received a bill for $20 . I called and asked why I have a bill since I’m on auto pay. They said I have outdoor account and don’t qualify for discount. I use 2 VIP 211k receivers. I picked up a Wally receiver a few months ago and added it to account . But it is inactive now. I wonder if this triggered the outdoor account. If I can’t at least get a discount for auto pay I am going to discontinue with DishNetwork. I have had Dish over 10 years.

I didn’t even realize my account was strictly outdoors until the agent told me. I was on a 2 year price lock for FlexPack at $37.99 which expired in Feb. I called in Feb to see about getting it renewed and they said it would not be a problem , then the cyber problem and I was unable to contact dish . I had auto payment but in April I received a bill for $20 . I called and asked why I have a bill since I’m on auto pay. They said I have outdoor account and don’t qualify for discount. I use 2 VIP 211k receivers. I picked up a Wally receiver a few months ago and added it to account . But it is inactive now. I wonder if this triggered the outdoor account. If I can’t at least get a discount for auto pay I am going to discontinue with DishNetwork. I have had Dish over 10 years.
I would try again with another agent first, as mentioned above if your account was a dish outdoors account then you would of never gotten the first price lock. Sounds like a confused CSR to me. Besides, when you first got Dish was it for a home or something else? That should give you your answer.

I've been on a Dish Outdoors account ever since they started them. I was full time RV'ing at the time. I am on existing customer 2 year contract now with price lock and have been on price lock for several years.

I have been with dish for years and always ask for price lock promotions my last being Flex pack for base price of $37.99 vs $57.99. It expired in Feb.
I learned today that my account was tagged Outdoor account last May. That is when I purchased used motorhome and called to activate a Wally receiver that I bought second hand. I use 2 VIP 211K receivers in my residence that I have owned for years.
I am now told that these are Outdoor account receivers and for me to be switched back to a residential account I would need to upgrade my equipment. They tell me only residential accounts are eligible for 2 yr price lock promotions.
The current 2yr price lock promotion for Flex pack is $47.99 vs $57.99 but they cannot offer it to me. If I cancel my Outdoor account they can offer the promotion only if I get new equipment which I do no want or need.
It is unbelievable how complicated they have made this. To start back up as a residential customer I would need new equipment a package such as 120 package and then later downgrade to the Flex Package and they wouldn’t authorize my 211K receivers for the residential account.
What happened to customer service.
Very frustrated . If anybody knows a number to call to get some help I would appreciate it .

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
To start back up as a residential customer I would need new equipment a package such as 120 package and then later downgrade to the Flex Package and they wouldn’t authorize my 211K receivers for the residential account.
Again, I would try a different CSR, especially because of this statement. I have two hopper3’s, a few Joey’s and a 211z on my residential account working fine. My account is marked as a Outdoor account because of the 211z but was still considered residential the last time I contacted loyalty.

I have been with dish for years and always ask for price lock promotions my last being Flex pack for base price of $37.99 vs $57.99. It expired in Feb.
I learned today that my account was tagged Outdoor account last May. That is when I purchased used motorhome and called to activate a Wally receiver that I bought second hand. I use 2 VIP 211K receivers in my residence that I have owned for years.
I am now told that these are Outdoor account receivers and for me to be switched back to a residential account I would need to upgrade my equipment. They tell me only residential accounts are eligible for 2 yr price lock promotions.
The current 2yr price lock promotion for Flex pack is $47.99 vs $57.99 but they cannot offer it to me. If I cancel my Outdoor account they can offer the promotion only if I get new equipment which I do no want or need.
It is unbelievable how complicated they have made this. To start back up as a residential customer I would need new equipment a package such as 120 package and then later downgrade to the Flex Package and they wouldn’t authorize my 211K receivers for the residential account.
What happened to customer service.
Very frustrated . If anybody knows a number to call to get some help I would appreciate it .
Don't have a number for you to call but here is a list of people who you can e-mail, e-mail one person at a time starting from secondary contacts first and give it a day or two before moving to the next one. Start with secondary contacts then Executive Contacts, then CEO.

Executive Contacts
Primary Contact
Charles McKay
Head of Executive Escalations
Charles.McKay@dish.com

Secondary Contact
Melissa Gonzalez
Vice President - Customer Care
melissa.gonzalez@dish.com

Kevin Covell
Senior Vice President – Retention
kevin.covell@dish.com

Brian Neylon, Group President
Brian.neylon@dish.com

Chief Executive
Erik Carlson
President & CEO
erik.carlson@dish.com

Don't have a number for you to call but here is a list of people who you can e-mail, e-mail one person at a time starting from secondary contacts first and give it a day or two before moving to the next one. Start with secondary contacts then Executive Contacts, then CEO.

Executive Contacts
Primary Contact
Charles McKay
Head of Executive Escalations
Charles.McKay@dish.com

Secondary Contact
Melissa Gonzalez
Vice President - Customer Care
melissa.gonzalez@dish.com

Kevin Covell
Senior Vice President – Retention
kevin.covell@dish.com

Brian Neylon, Group President
Brian.neylon@dish.com

Chief Executive
Erik Carlson
President & CEO
erik.carlson@dish.com
Thank you for your help. I will try that.