Hopper + only shows AndroidTV on screen

lahooie1

Original poster
May 24, 2023
Florence, OR
Newly installed Dish network with Hopper + 4 Joeys. No issues for 3 days then lost satellite temporarily and when Hopper rebooted, the TV is a blank screen with AndroidTV showing. Won't go past that. No Dish buttons on remote work, did hard reset, same result each time. Anyone have this happen and any suggestions to resolve?

Try unplugging the power cord and while unplugged pull the plus usb cable out and then back in. Plug the power cord back in and wait. It takes a while.
I tried your suggestion and once power cord plugged back in, it cycled and went back to black screen with AndroidTV in white letters. There is 2 ports for the USB cable? I tried both but same result.

Reactions: charlesrshell
To my understanding this has been a well known problem with no one way to correct it most just keep trying different things until something works.
Ok, thanks. I did try to cycle without the USB cord attached and it just showed it could not find source. Once USB plugged back in, it cycled and back to AndroidTV. Will keep trying, appreciate it.

Ok, thanks. I did try to cycle without the USB cord attached and it just showed it could not find source. Once USB plugged back in, it cycled and back to AndroidTV. Will keep trying, appreciate it.
Your plus will need to be replaced. Sorry give Dish a call ASAP. I wish Dish offered their streaming TV for times like this where a customer is completely down.

Your plus will need to be replaced. Sorry give Dish a call ASAP. I wish Dish offered their streaming TV for times like this where a customer is completely down.
Thanks, have appt. with Dish Friday morning. Good thing we have workaround using Dish Anywhere and screenshare on phone. This way Hubby is not as unbearable as without TV! Lol. Have a wonderful day!

It sounds like your remote just came unpaired which can sometimes happen after a software update.
On hopper front panel hit system info then on side of remote press Sat button. If it was unpaired you'll hear a beeping noise and then remote should now work.

It sounds like your remote just came unpaired which can sometimes happen after a software update.
On hopper front panel hit system info then on side of remote press Sat button. If it was unpaired you'll hear a beeping noise and then remote should now work.
Thank you for the reply. I pressed the system button behind the front panel on the hopper then on remote, clicked the Sat button. Nothing happened. AndroidTV seems to be stationary on our TV.

Thank you for the reply. I pressed the system button behind the front panel on the hopper then on remote, clicked the Sat button. Nothing happened. AndroidTV seems to be stationary on our TV.
So it didn't even bring up a diagnostic menu?

Try disconnecting the plus, put hdmi on the hopper then reset hopper. It will Co E back on and say to switch hdmi to the plus but just leave it on that screen and after about 8-10 minutes it will reset itself and cone on to normal hopper interface. See if the remote works like that and if not try system info and pressing Sat on remote again. If all is working then reconnect the plus. If the plus still doesn't work then you can dhsconnect again and just use without until tech shows up.

So it didn't even bring up a diagnostic menu?

Try disconnecting the plus, put hdmi on the hopper then reset hopper. It will Co E back on and say to switch hdmi to the plus but just leave it on that screen and after about 8-10 minutes it will reset itself and cone on to normal hopper interface. See if the remote works like that and if not try system info and pressing Sat on remote again. If all is working then reconnect the plus. If the plus still doesn't work then you can dhsconnect again and just use without until tech shows up.
Good morning tjboston5676:
I followed your instructions and it worked!! I disconnected the usb into plus, and with the hdmi into the hopper instead, did a reset and everything came up perfectly. Instead of reconnecting the plus, my husband is so thrilled to have his channels back that we will just keep disconnected until the tech gets here tomorrow. I so appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question and with your expert advice helped us out so much. Thank you!!!