DISH Introduces Flex Pack

I had the AT250 at $90. I now have Flex at $35 plus all those add on packages. Was paying $135, now paying $98 taxes included. She did give me (I did this through chat because it wasn't available online) one of the $6 packages at 50% off for 6 months, so it will go up $3 in 6 months. Bottom line, I have nearly all of the channels I usually watch at a better rate.

RE: protection plan, What Hall said. Last time I had it added, I was told it had to stay on for a certain period of time (6 months) or they charge a fee. So, I had a calendar reminder setup to cancel it anyway.

I was told it had to stay on for a certain period of time (6 months) or they charge a fee
They still have a minimum time requirement or else they charge a penalty, but it's not (6) months currently. As I recall, they pretty much made the cost per month x minimum time to keep it equal to the penalty, so there's no incentive to add it for (2) weeks then cancel it. You might as well keep it the required time.

They still have a minimum time requirement or else they charge a penalty, but it's not (6) months currently. As I recall, they pretty much made the cost per month x minimum time to keep it equal to the penalty, so there's no incentive to add it for (2) weeks then cancel it. You might as well keep it the required time.
It's 120 days.
It's a $25 penalty if cancelled before 120 days.

So either pay $32 for 4 months at $8 a month,
Or pay $8 for one month and $25 ETF $33

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

As I recall, they pretty much made the cost per month x minimum time to keep it equal to the penalty, so there's no incentive to add it for (2) weeks then cancel it. You might as well keep it the required time.

With the hope that you forget and keep it even longer.
Like the free trials that automatically become subscriptions if you don't cancel during the trial period.
You forget to cancel after 120 days, then suddenly you've paid it an extra 6 month or more.

I vote for paying the $1 extra and canceling soon, before you forget about it.

There you go.... It's cheaper to keep it the minimum req'd time ;)
Not quite. Keep it for a week, cancel it. Pay $2 for the prorated partial month, + $25 cancellation. $27

Plus no chance of paying more by forgetting to cancel it in 4 months.

Reactions: pattykay
Without reading 19 pages - can existing customers get the Flex plan for $29.95 with autopay and two year contract?

Has anyone actually done this?

UPDATE:

Success! It can be done. I just did it and am saving almost $30 a month!

You have to call or get transferred to the retention dept. Regular CSRs are not up to speed. I played CSR roulette twice the second CSR tried to get me to update my equipment instead of switch me to Flex.

Last edited:
Do you currently have any loyalty credits (or any other credits) on your monthly bill? That seems to be the only thing preventing me from qualifying for the Flex Pack deal.
I think I remember someone qualifying if they voluntarily dropped/cancelled their existing loyalty credits. Did you look into that? And would that include referral credits as well?

I think I remember someone qualifying if they voluntarily dropped/cancelled their existing loyalty credits. Did you look into that?
I asked Laila S. from DIRT about that. I have not gotten a response yet.

And would that include referral credits as well?
I was wondering the same thing, especially with the current $10 off per month offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts