DISH is a bunch of thieves

bslota1

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
How is it legally possible for them to keep a 921 receiver that was received outside of the allotted time for return for the $200 credit through Dish'n it up promotion?

They charge you full price to begin with, then offer credit for returned receiver. If they don't give you a credit, can they just keep your receiver?? How can that be legal????

Yes, I am a dummy for not returning promptly, but I called first and got a date from one of their supervisors of when it would be accepted. I sent it off right away and find out today that there was never any account of that date in Dish Customer Service. It actually says that there will be no credit given!

Why the heck would I send it back if I knew I was not going to get a credit.

Has anyone else been denied the upgrade credit and received zero compensation for a perfectly good piece of equipment owned by the customer???

I am absolutely beside myself with anger.

****as a follow up - One Mr. Laslo from echostar promptly replied to an email to ceo@echostar.com and offered to help. I take back the "thieves" statement. At least until I don't receive the credit. Then it is re-instated! ****

Last edited:
Never hurts to fork up the extra $5 for a decent shipper (tracking number at the least, if not delivery confirmation of sorts) - losing $5-15 to ship a receiver via a good method vs saving that and losing like $600 on a receiver, well, yeah. :(

Sorry to hear that man! I hope all goes well for you and they make things right!

boba said:
Have you got proof from the tracking number that DISH actually received the receiver?

If you used the UPS address label provided by Dish, you can track the package at UPS.com.

That's what I did.

The promotion allows for 45 from the installation date to when your cut off for returning the receiver is. Date the install date and add 45. After you track the receiver and prove that Dish got your old receiver back before the 45 days was up, call dish. You'll probably end up talking to a supervisor and having to FAX that print off to them but eventually you'll get the credit... Like Scott said email ceo, I would advise that you attach actual proof that Dish got the package before the 45 days was up that ensures your credit.

If you're not interested in the credit, just ask for the old 921 back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)