DISH is at least aware of the HD LiL problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I sent an email to tech support regarding the "jerky" movement on my DFW HD LiL's. Here's their response:

Dear Mr. Hilton,

Thank you for your e-mail. Our engineering department is aware of this issue; it has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible. It will be resolved with a software update in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/index.shtml.

Thanks,

XXXXXXX
Technical E-mail Support
Dish Network

I believe the "software" problem being E* is referring to is actually a bandwidth/codec/modulation issue. There are only so many vehicles that can roll down I-95 on Memorial Day weekend without creating a huge traffic jam.:eek:

The dishquality people sent something similar to me when I emailed about the jerky motion on the hd Cbs in Houston .

IN fact they asked me if I had a 622 and if I did it was a software issue they hoped to fix in the future. They even advised me of how to do a reboot. I of course responded DUH!!!!! - that I did in fact know how to do a power cord reboot, a soft power button reboot and a smart card reboot even though the 622 doesn't have a use for an external one, since I have been with Dish for almost 10 years. I also told them if it was just the usual 622 bull crap software it would be on ALL THE CHANNELS and not just the hd Cbs station. They then got serious and started to actually talk to me about what I was seeing, when I was seeing it and then they started to tweak it .

The key is to give them the time, the show and what you are actually seeing. IT helps to be very descriptive and explain in detail . Give multiple emails at different times of the day to describe what you are seeing and include your phone number for both home and your cell . I actually worked with them for about a week to get the Cbs station up to snuff. It actually looks pretty close to the ota version. Not as good, but good enough to record off of.

I am hoping that once they get the mpeg4 encoders working the way they need to , the problems with the hd locals will go away and they will look just as good as the ota versions. Until then keep the emails coming . It helps them to know wherer the problems are so they can tweak the picture.

dishquality@echostar.com

MikeD-C05 said:
...The key is to give them the time, the show and what you are actually seeing. IT helps to be very descriptive and explain in detail . Give multiple emails at different times of the day to describe what you are seeing and include your phone number for both home and your cell...Until then keep the emails coming . It helps them to know wherer the problems are so they can tweak the picture...

dishquality@echostar.com

Thanks for the advise and the direct email address. I shall begin a persistent, but polite email campaign.

Its not a software issue.

VOOM would not be downresed while other channels such as HDNet are shown in full resolution if it was a software problem.

The signal is being sent that way.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Its not a software issue.

VOOM would not be downresed while other channels such as HDNet are shown in full resolution if it was a software problem.

The signal is being sent that way.

That doesn't mean it isn't a software issue on the uplink end... it might not be a STB software issue, but most likely it is some sort of software encoding issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts