Dish is cutting off the ends of shows...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We have a 722K in the living room and a 612 in the bedroom. Both of these seem to have the timing off somehow. We have had these for several months now and have yet to get a complete show on either one of them.

When we got them, they had something like - start recording 2 minutes ahead of the show and finish 2 minutes after the show ends. That screwed really badly with scheduling recordings, so we changed the timing to 0 minutes ahead, and 0 minutes after (even putting it at 1 minute after didn't work well with scheduling.)

We have yet to be able to see any show all the way through. We constantly lose at least the last minute of everything. I know that the networks sometimes play with their timing - but not every single show on every single network.

We had the other *Dtv* provider for years and never had this problem. We also have a Tivo, and don't have the problem. I don't see us doing this with Dish for another 20 months until we get through this contract!

What's wrong with our Dish recorders? And, how do I fix it???
We have a 722K in the living room and a 612 in the bedroom. Both of these seem to have the timing off somehow. We have had these for several months now and have yet to get a complete show on either one of them.

When we got them, they had something like - start recording 2 minutes ahead of the show and finish 2 minutes after the show ends. That screwed really badly with scheduling recordings, so we changed the timing to 0 minutes ahead, and 0 minutes after (even putting it at 1 minute after didn't work well with scheduling.)

We have yet to be able to see any show all the way through. We constantly lose at least the last minute of everything. I know that the networks sometimes play with their timing - but not every single show on every single network.

We had the other *Dtv* provider for years and never had this problem. We also have a Tivo, and don't have the problem. I don't see us doing this with Dish for another 20 months until we get through this contract!

What's wrong with our Dish recorders? And, how do I fix it???
My dish does the same thing it really pisses me off. I also notice that I have to reset the receiver once a day, if I don't it will do it anytime it wants

My dish does the same thing it really pisses me off. I also notice that I have to reset the receiver once a day, if I don't it will do it anytime it wants
Back in 2011 when this thread was last in use, I had a 722 and 2 612's and suffered no such issue.
Hopper 3 to be exact. You will never have those issues again.
Does Debbra12 have these same receivers? She doesn't say.
I think the VIP receivers are pretty much on the way out the door. What are upgrade options are available for customers who still have VIP receivers?
Aha, now this person does have some combination of VIP receivers. I upgraded my VIP receivers to a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 3's for free. They literally recycled the 612's. I still have that old 722 since I own it.

Last edited:
I think the VIP receivers are pretty much on the way out the door. What are upgrade options are available for customers who still have VIP receivers?
I think you can update to the Hopper duo receiver which is like a Vip 622/722/722k receiver, except you can use a joey with it in another room to get full hd. But you will of course have a $10.00 fee for the dvr fee and pay $7.00 for the joey each month. I would get a hopper 3 if you have a choice.