Dish Is Doing Lots of MLB Extra Innings Games In HD

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I happend to check the guide for channel 9467 HDPPV, and MLB Extra Innings on Dish Network is doing a lot of HD games. They have two scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and they did one on Monday. This is a lot more than the 2 or 3 games per week they did in HD last year. I already ordered MLB EI from my cable company, but I am definitely getting it from Dish next year if they continue to do this many HD games.

Me, too. If I had known they were going to do more HD games I would have signed up, too. I know last year they did about 2-3 games a week. According to the guide they are doing 7 games from Monday to Thursday this week. Really good job here by Dish.

Is there another way to know when games are going to be in HD, without having to check the PPV-HD in the guide.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago when E* was going to start showing games in HD.

I checked many times up till the day before MLB started.
Any blackouts?
I'd like to see a schedule, regularly. I'm sure the hdsportsguide.com would be happy to asterick their schedule for Dish HD Sports.

^^^

Which is totally lame, to be using one's HD feed and not let them see it :( DirecTV manages to do this the right way...

I enjoy some Baseball in HD on ESPN/ESPN2 but it irks me that the ONE PPV HD feed is dedicated to baseball, instead of films in HD. Not only that but since baseball games go on for something like five hours (at least it feels like it) they have huge gaps in time after games where they don't show anything.

Just my 2cents.

Mike

michaelgizzi said:
I enjoy some Baseball in HD on ESPN/ESPN2 but it irks me that the ONE PPV HD feed is dedicated to baseball, instead of films in HD.

Mike

I would venture a guess that in the grander scheme of PPV movies the HD PPV channel doesn't get a lot of activity hence the willingness to put baseball there.

1) Cost. They charge a premium for the HD PPV

2) Not a lot of great content. Looking at the guide when something else isn't scheduled on that channel the same 2 or 3 movies seem to be looping all the time.

Special occasion HD shares the same transponder slot with the PPV channel so there's no place else to drop it currently. I would hope that when Mpeg-4 goes more preavlent they'll make an HD sports channel group so they can show multiple games from multiple sports in HD.

Sam

chelsea said:
I checked many times up till the day before MLB started.
Any blackouts?
I'd like to see a schedule, regularly. I'm sure the hdsportsguide.com would be happy to asterick their schedule for Dish HD Sports.

Well that would be great but the game tonight on E* isn't even on their schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts