DISH just lost a 20 year customer.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You have already said that you would be looking to sell your 722 if you cancel service. I would be willing to do a straight swap: I'll send you my unused Hopper Duo, and you can send me your old 722.

Huh. I have an unused 722 (built-in OTA) as well. Will the Hopper Duo go on the Hybrid LNB alongside the H3? (I don't think so.)

Holy crap! My name is tied to a rant, and this time I'm not even the one doing the ranting. :eeek :D :sorry

In all seriousness, I truly am sorry that you had to go through that experience, T34ME. Believe me, I would be very ticked if something like that had happened to me. Unfortunately, Dish's receiver authorization system often temporarily deauthorizes any existing receivers on the account while you are adding the new receiver. I just saw this happen last night, when I activated my Hopper Duo. I was watching TV on my ViP222k, and as soon as the Hopper Duo was activated, a Programming Not Authorized message popped up on my ViP222k briefly, before programming returned. Even going directly through Dish's website (which is what I did last night) without chatting or talking with a Dish agent can cause this to happen. I have even had this issue interrupt recordings on a DVR, since the DVR was temporarily deauthorized while I was adding a non-DVR receiver to the account. So, I understand how frustrating this issue can be. It is very unfortunate in your case that this resulted in a change to your billing, due to the loss of the grandfathering.

So, I am assuming that you lost the grandfathered $7 per month DVR fee, which caused your DVR fee to increase to $15 per month. Is that correct? Did Dish offer to replace your 722 with a Hopper Duo? The Hopper Duo would only have a $10 per month DVR fee. This would not quite bring you back down to what you were paying before, but if Dish already offered you some other kind of monthly discount on top of that, then you may come close to paying the same amount, or even slightly less per month. If Dish does the upgrade to the Hopper Duo, then they will likely want to lock you into a two-year contract. If you would like to avoid that contract, then you could purchase a Hopper Duo instead. I have one for sale that I listed in the Classifieds section on this site. If you would like to stay with Dish, and are interested in my Hopper Duo, then please reply to our existing private conversation, or feel free to start a new conversation with me. Thanks.
You are saying a Hopper Duo can be on the same account as a 222?

I have an idea. I like playing around with deactivated receivers, especially ViP's. You have already said that you would be looking to sell your 722 if you cancel service. I would be willing to do a straight swap: I'll send you my unused Hopper Duo, and you can send me your old 722. Let me know in a private conversation if that solution works for you.
I fail to understand why a 722 these days would be a wanted item. Unless you are talking about a system with lots of receivers and you have a Hybrid/Switch problem that would render the other recievers useless.

Is there any other reason someone would prefer a 722?

Reactions: navychop
I fail to understand why a 722 these days would be a wanted item. Unless you are talking about a system with lots of receivers and you have a Hybrid/Switch problem that would render the other recievers useless.

Deactivated receivers (if they were just recently deactivated and/or have remained hooked up to a satellite signal the entire time) with a purple G3 Smart Card will still work for free preview channels. Newer receivers with a white G4 Smart Card lose the free preview channels when they are deactivated. I have two dishes: a Western Arc international Dish 1000+ hooked up through a DPP44 switch, and an Eastern Arc Dish 1000.4, so I have plenty of room for additional receivers and non-standard configurations that would not work in a typical dish installation.

Deactivated receivers (if they were just recently deactivated and/or have remained hooked up to a satellite signal the entire time) with a purple G3 Smart Card will still work for free preview channels. Newer receivers with a white G4 Smart Card lose the free preview channels when they are deactivated. I have two dishes: a Western Arc international Dish 1000+ hooked up through a DPP44 switch, and an Eastern Arc Dish 1000.4, so I have plenty of room for additional receivers and non-standard configurations that would not work in a typical dish installation.
So...there needs to be a specific reason.

Got it!

Reactions: pattykay

Mostly, ignorance.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you file a complaint to the BBB I’m sure someone from the Dish Executive office will call you and make things right.

Mostly, ignorance.

So since I use a 722K I am now ignorant? It does what I need and what I want. It works. Any change I make will cost me more $$ and likely a new 2-year commitment unless I pay even more $$

I am used to buying and using new / newer tech and have a lot of home automation as an example of not steering away from tech, but I guess I know know that since I still use a 722K I am ignorant. WOW

So since I use a 722K I am now ignorant? It does what I need and what I want. It works. Any change I make will cost me more $$ and likely a new 2-year commitment unless I pay even more $$

I am used to buying and using new / newer tech and have a lot of home automation as an example of not steering away from tech, but I guess I know know that since I still use a 722K I am ignorant. WOW

You sound pretty well informed to me.

The context of that “ignorance” post was in the case of a new customer choosing between a ViP722 series or Hoppers. Not current customers content with what they have.

Moot. I think you’d have a hard time getting Dish to install a ViP722 series for a new customer.

The context of that “ignorance” post was in the case of a new customer choosing between a ViP722 series or Hoppers. Not current customers content with what they have.

Moot. I think you’d have a hard time getting Dish to install a ViP722 series for a new customer.
Install, maybe. Activate? No. It can be done if the ViP722 is purchased and you go through the RV department to open a pay-as-you-go account. At least, that could be done the last time I checked.

By the way, the context of the "ignorance" post was actually in response to eddie willers's reaction to my post where I offered to send a Hopper Duo to the OP in exchange for T34ME's used ViP722. I explained my specific reason for making that offer. On top of that, as stated in the first post, T34ME is an existing customer of mine, since I am the one who sent the ViP211k that caused the problem that resulted in this thread being started in the first place. So, I am doing my best to make things right and keep T34ME satisfied, even though the issue was not actually my fault. I still feel somewhat responsible for not warning T34ME about the possibility of the grandfathered DVR fee ending when making any equipment changes.

Reactions: eddie willers
over $6.01. About a month ago, my Vip211 crapped out, and after posting about it here, I was able to secure a replacement Vip211k from Crodrules. While activating the 211k, the Dish employee inadvertently deactivated my 722. So, I had to engage another chat to get that unit re-activated. No harm, no foul right? WRONG!!! Apparently, since the 722 became de-activated and later re-activated, my Loyal Customer DVR discount was no longer "Grandfathered". Really??, Give me a break. So they tell me that that offer is no longer available (seems funny, it was available and working just fine on August 7th), and my new bill had increased by 17.94 per month. Over a DISH employee mistake. So they tell me that in place of that they can offer me a different discount that will actually save me $2.16 per month from what I was paying. (Again, Really??, why aren't we all already getting that discount?) So after much argument and escalation to a supervisor, I agreed to the replacement discount, and suggested that they back date it to August 8th, to offset the mistake. "I'm sorry, we can't do that." So I say I'll tell you what, I'll pay the same amount I paid last month ad you guys can adjust the billing however you want and we'll start the new offer with the next billing. "I'm sorry, but if you don't pay the whole amount due, it will result in late fees".

I tell them that after 20 years, if they can't resolve this issue, they will lose me as a customer, and that I wouldn't want to be the CSR that lost Charlie a 20 year customer over $6.01. Thanks for letting me vent! Crodrules, thanks for the 211k, it's great; I wish I would have been able to enjoy it longer. If anyone is interested is a DPP dish, a 722, and a 211k, it will all be available by November. Too bad too, I liked my Dish service, but I'm tired of the nickel and diming their way to increased billing. Some people just can't continue to afford it.
DTV did very same with me, was with them 20 year. They canceled my account by mistake and I lost all my perks ($40.00) per month. They said they could not return them and I was considered a new customer...They did pay that month bill of $100.00 or so but longer I thought about the longer I was angry and just ended it all with DTV..I guess these big companies can do what ever they want and when they want. Deep down I really don't think they care one way or another if you stay or go

over $6.01. About a month ago, my Vip211 crapped out, and after posting about it here, I was able to secure a replacement Vip211k from Crodrules. While activating the 211k, the Dish employee inadvertently deactivated my 722. So, I had to engage another chat to get that unit re-activated. No harm, no foul right? WRONG!!! Apparently, since the 722 became de-activated and later re-activated, my Loyal Customer DVR discount was no longer "Grandfathered". Really??, Give me a break. So they tell me that that offer is no longer available (seems funny, it was available and working just fine on August 7th), and my new bill had increased by 17.94 per month. Over a DISH employee mistake. So they tell me that in place of that they can offer me a different discount that will actually save me $2.16 per month from what I was paying. (Again, Really??, why aren't we all already getting that discount?) So after much argument and escalation to a supervisor, I agreed to the replacement discount, and suggested that they back date it to August 8th, to offset the mistake. "I'm sorry, we can't do that." So I say I'll tell you what, I'll pay the same amount I paid last month ad you guys can adjust the billing however you want and we'll start the new offer with the next billing. "I'm sorry, but if you don't pay the whole amount due, it will result in late fees".

I tell them that after 20 years, if they can't resolve this issue, they will lose me as a customer, and that I wouldn't want to be the CSR that lost Charlie a 20 year customer over $6.01. Thanks for letting me vent! Crodrules, thanks for the 211k, it's great; I wish I would have been able to enjoy it longer. If anyone is interested is a DPP dish, a 722, and a 211k, it will all be available by November. Too bad too, I liked my Dish service, but I'm tired of the nickel and diming their way to increased billing. Some people just can't continue to afford it.
I have mentioned in another thread about the treatment I received as a 21 year customer. I suppose that I feel hurt, sad and embarrassed mainly because I promoted Dish for all of these years to so many people. The way I was treated was like a piece of dirt ; so embarrassed it is hard to mention it. I am still hooked up and I have been pondering what to do. It is somewhat difficult to make a change. the

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)