Dish kills its own sales

tdillon

Loster then I Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 9, 2004
I recommended Dish to my brother-in-law. I told him which boxes he would need for his 5 room setup. He wanted 2 DVR's and a stand-alone. He only has one HDTV in his house. I had him call Dish directly and order the equipment and schedule an install date. I gave him a referral code so he got the nice price break.

He was all set to receive a Dish 1000 antenna, a 622, a 625 and a 322. The 622 and the 625 were going to be installed for 2 tv's each. The 322 was going to be hooked to a tv and a TIVO box.

This all seemed fine to me.

The installer disagreed. When the installer showed up at the house he spent the first 20 minutes arguing with my brother-in-law that this would be a completely unusable set up. He claimed that the users that shared a box would be constantly fighting over who would watch which station and the individual timers would constantly erase the other's DVR preferences. He said that the 322 could NOT be hooked up to a TIVO box. To cap it all off, the installer brought three 625s to the house and two DISH 500s. He said that he WOULD NOT run the cables into the attic for the install, it would require outdoor cabling that would enter each of the drop rooms through the outside wall.

My brother-in-law sent the installer away.

The next day I went to his house and looked things over. I outlined the cable runs and my brother-in-law ran all of the cabling himself, terminating just under the eaves of the roof. We called Dish together and re-ordered a setup. This time they recommended a 622 and two 625s. Whatever. I didn't know you could get 3 dvrs out of Dish.

A week later the installer shows up. With a 522, a 625 and a 311. WTF? He again had two Dish 500's, instead of the Dish 1000 that was promised over the phone.

No Dish for my brother in law. Direct shows up this week.

I could see the (2) Dishes, depending on the area they are using a seperate Dish for 129.

My question is how did you order the 5th and 6th Tuner since DHA only allows a maximum of 4 leased tuners on the account?

If he still wants Dish, have him call us at the Dishstore to see what we can do for him

I recommended Dish to my brother-in-law. I told him which boxes he would need for his 5 room setup. He wanted 2 DVR's and a stand-alone. He only has one HDTV in his house. I had him call Dish directly and order the equipment and schedule an install date. I gave him a referral code so he got the nice price break.

He was all set to receive a Dish 1000 antenna, a 622, a 625 and a 322. The 622 and the 625 were going to be installed for 2 tv's each. The 322 was going to be hooked to a tv and a TIVO box.

This all seemed fine to me.

The installer disagreed. When the installer showed up at the house he spent the first 20 minutes arguing with my brother-in-law that this would be a completely unusable set up. He claimed that the users that shared a box would be constantly fighting over who would watch which station and the individual timers would constantly erase the other's DVR preferences. He said that the 322 could NOT be hooked up to a TIVO box. To cap it all off, the installer brought three 625s to the house and two DISH 500s. He said that he WOULD NOT run the cables into the attic for the install, it would require outdoor cabling that would enter each of the drop rooms through the outside wall.

My brother-in-law sent the installer away.

The next day I went to his house and looked things over. I outlined the cable runs and my brother-in-law ran all of the cabling himself, terminating just under the eaves of the roof. We called Dish together and re-ordered a setup. This time they recommended a 622 and two 625s. Whatever. I didn't know you could get 3 dvrs out of Dish.

A week later the installer shows up. With a 522, a 625 and a 311. WTF? He again had two Dish 500's, instead of the Dish 1000 that was promised over the phone.

No Dish for my brother in law. Direct shows up this week.

Am I the only one who finds posts like this rather annoying??

"I didn't get dish because...."
"I'm going to Direct TV instead...so there!"

What's the point of posting something like this? To vent? In the hopes that Dish itself will see this and correct things? Even if the latter is true, it certainly doesn't help the current situation.

All I can say is...BLECH!

To the OP, you don't want a D1000 specially here in CA. You want 2 dishes if you're getting 129 (HD), one for 119 and 110 and a second one for 129. How did you get them to agree to 5 tuners? Like Claude said, you can only have 4 tuners with DHA. You will need to purchase the 5th or 6th tuner.

I think Poke jumps from post to post giving out the CEO address more than anyone else on the forums, but hey, who's counting.

It is sad that in order to get appropriate support you are forced to email the ceo address. Customers and potential customers would be a lot happier if they would get this type of support from the get go!

sounds to me like the techs just didnt want to do your install,,,, oh the shame... maybe there are alotta trees. maybe you prewired the house with rg-59????? who knows ,,,who cares,,, hope Direct messes his install up something fierce... please post to let use know if they grounded system,,,drip loops /service loops///if they even do the install....how many weeks it actually takes Direct 2 get there... how bad they mess it up...

Well fact is, the customer didn't get what he wanted. The customer is king, or is it the other way around nowadays? He gave Dish two opportunities to get the job done, which obviously doesn't sound too hard to do. He even ran the cables himself. Twice they failed to get the right receivers to the customer too. He stayed home twice to wait for the installer to come. He's still not watching TV the way he wants to. How many more times should the customer beg for the new service? I would have gone the other way too. Beside if it already starts out like that, oh my don't wanna know how it goes on then...:rolleyes:

No its called E-mail Support and I give out the address due to most folks dont have it! Sometimes it can be quicker to go through E-mail than sit on the phone for a hour or more. But sometimes folks like to learn the hard way.. :)

Sounds like something is out of the ordinary on the house, something must be extremely difficult about the job if both installers pretty much canned it. Who knows.

As far as having more then 4 tuners, unless your brother paid full price for the extra reciever, I don't believe you on that one. I can see having mirrored images in which I believe dish charges $59 each.

As others have said with the two dishes, yep.

Looks like the poster has been on this mboard for awhile.

Actually I had a simular issue. I wanted to go to Dish and fire Direct and order 2 HD boxes and 2 SDs from Dish directly. The installer came out with 4 SDs and when I asked him about the HD boxes, he said "Not again, I keep telling them I do not install HD." I just sent him on his way. I did send the installer name and his company to the CEO addy.

Am I the only one who finds posts like this rather annoying??

"I didn't get dish because...."
"I'm going to Direct TV instead...so there!"

What's the point of posting something like this? To vent? In the hopes that Dish itself will see this and correct things? Even if the latter is true, it certainly doesn't help the current situation.

All I can say is...BLECH!

"I do not install HD" sounds like "I do not plan on being in this business much longer."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)