Dish-landlord-legal questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've been enjoying this string. I AM a landlord, and I am dealing with Tenant A, who's leaving soon, he's got his panties in a knot :rant:because he wants to know why he's got to pay for the dish removal and roof repair when one of the other tenants (B?) before him didn't have to. B just up and left and never told me about the dish up there. Hmmm, well, now I have TWO sets of nails in my roof (which we'll get to in a sec). And, NO ONE asked my permission to put nails in my roof, so that's sounding something like FRAUD (which we'll also get to), so Panties-in-a-knot A is a little freaked out right now, because WE HAVE A LEAK WE CAN'T IDENTIFY.
If the Dish was there, prior to Tenant A moving in (doesn't matter who installed it), then you can not make them remove the Dish, or pay for any repairs associated with it. Because it is a pre-existing that the landlord should have resolved prior to allowing a new tenant to move in. If you try to withhold any portion of the deposit (or require them to pay for any repairs) related to anything that was there prior to moving in, you can be sure a court will force you to return the deposit along with any penalties allowed by law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts