Dish.. Lets watch some TV.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I was watching an episode of PawnStars tonight on the History channel, and a commercial with Charlie aired. It was well done... It was basicaly Charlie talking about his Cband days and how he likes to bring tv to you at the lowest cost. The normal marketing fluff stuff... The tagline was... Dish.... Lets watch some tv... Great tagline....

I immedatly thought to myself...... Ok lets start with DisneyHD :D

Charlie your welcome to watch tv with me anytime... :) I dont bite! LOL

Great commercial though!

Every time I watch that commercial the lip synch is out. So Charlie's lips are moving and the sound is coming out about 2 seconds later. It's like watching a dubbed Japanese movie. It isn't a good advertisement for someone to "watch tv" if the sound isn't on the same track as the video.

I agree good one.

I wonder if that's his real office if so very nice!

This commercial just aired today as a national spot during TMZ, it did appear dubbed, if it was only true what he says, so stop worrying now goaliebob99 and watch some direcTV.

It's sad what has happened to dish network. Something is lost.

I saw it last night on cable. I'm out of town in a hotel in Sarasota, FL and the hotel is on cable. I don't remember what channel I was on, but the audio and video were in sync. And since I was on an SD TV Charlie wasn't screaming at me like he does when I'm on a DD channel and it switches to the dish commercial in pro logic...

CenturyLink (4th largest teleco) is buying Qwest (3rd largest), CenturyLink is a partner with Dish Network and Qwest is partnered with DirecTV. I do not know which provider the combined company will go with, it could be both, however, CenturyLink has been a Dish partner for about 6 years or so, and upper management of the combined company is not changing, so I would expect that the new CenturyLink/Qwest would stay with Dish. Frontier Communications, Windstream, and FairPoint are all Dish partners as well.

I actually seen this commercial numerous times on my local OTA CBS the other day...the CBS I saw it on is a rural market (and DIsh added that market in June) so they're targeting rural markets big time

Bob Haller said:
boy you can say that again, I think he is attempting to maximise profit immediately before sale.....

likely buyer a big telephone company for bundling.

Their is rumors that Murdock is trying to take over dish.

I actually seen this commercial numerous times on my local OTA CBS the other day...the CBS I saw it on is a rural market (and DIsh added that market in June) so they're targeting rural markets big time

Well, I live in a large DMA, and I see it on my broadcast channels, too. It looks like Charlie's going for suburban and maybe some inner city urban markets, too.