DISH Locals - DMA/ZIP mismatch ???

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Anybody else have this problem???

If your Dish Locals DON"T remap to the station channel numbers on your Dish receivers, you may have a DMA/ZIP mismatch!!!

You can check this out by going to "zap2it.com" and entering your zip code. Next, select TV listings for DishNetwork. If the local area described and station name/number ARE NOT the ones that you get from Dish, you have the problem that I have. No channel number remap on 301, 508, 721 or 921 and no program info remap to OTA locals on the 921.

I sure would like to see replys here if you have this problem, including the city you are in/near.

So far, Dish has not responded to my inquiries.

Thanks, Stingray :confused:

P.S One reply so far has found this to be true! How many more? If many of you have this problem, Dish MAY give it some attention.

StingRay, by coincidensce my neighbor has DISH 301 and was complaining to me that it will not map his local channels to their correct #, he has Tampa locals. After seeing your post I checked his zip code on zap it, the listing is correct.

I stopped by his house few minutes ago, how does the receiver know the zip code, from the install set angles?? or his service address with DISH.

The strange thing is I have an 811 and mine maps ok and I do not even subscribe to Tampa locals. My 811 even shows some of the Orlando stations. They show up in red in the 8000 range. I use OTA on my 811. Better than LIL.
I could find no way to tell my neighbor how to make it work. I set up a favorites guide for him and just put the local Tampa stations in it, that made it a little easier for him

oljim said:
zap2it is all messed up, it list stations that are not in my DMA and are over 100 miles away

Do your Dish locals map down to the local channel numbers on your guide?

Marty43 said:
StingRay, by coincidensce my neighbor has DISH 301 and was complaining to me that it will not map his local channels to their correct #, he has Tampa locals. After seeing your post I checked his zip code on zap it, the listing is correct.

I stopped by his house few minutes ago, how does the receiver know the zip code, from the install set angles?? or his service address with DISH.

The strange thing is I have an 811 and mine maps ok and I do not even subscribe to Tampa locals. My 811 even shows some of the Orlando stations. They show up in red in the 8000 range. I use OTA on my 811. Better than LIL.
I could find no way to tell my neighbor how to make it work. I set up a favorites guide for him and just put the local Tampa stations in it, that made it a little easier for him

If zap2it shows the correct stations for your neighbor but they are not re-mapped in his guide to the local channel numbers (2, 4, 5, 6, etc.) and he does subscribe to them from Dish, I have no explanation.

In your case, are the locals that you subscribe to from Dish showing up in the guide with the station channel numbers (2, 4, 5, 6, etc) as well as in the 8000 series?

Stingray said:
If zap2it shows the correct stations for your neighbor but they are not re-mapped in his guide to the local channel numbers (2, 4, 5, 6, etc.) and he does subscribe to them from Dish, I have no explanation.

In your case, are the locals that you subscribe to from Dish showing up in the guide with the station channel numbers (2, 4, 5, 6, etc) as well as in the 8000 series?

On my 811 the local Tampa and Orlando that I pick up OTA are mapped as 3,6, 8, 10,13 and etc. and they also show up in the 8000 range and are red as I do not subscribe.

By the way my neighbor is a snow bird and moves from Tampa to Cleveland each year. He says it works fine (the Clevland locals map ok)when he moves back to cleveland and he changes his service address each time he moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)