DISH Locals Launching in June

This may be a stupid question but ... if I switch my package over to include local channels ... will I no longer qualify for AAD? I really like being able to get both the east and west coast feeds for the network channels and would hate to lose that. Thanks in advance :)

AAD is entirely a different company than DISH and as such they do not share local history. In other words you can get distants from AAD and locals from DISH and it won't matter.

How do you find out which satellite your local's are coming off of?

For my market, Montgomery Alabama, its on 129 but I'd like to see if they're also on 61.5 as I get a better signal off of it.

thelist at the top shows everything. Here is the link to ALL channels on ALL sats

SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL

When I see a question of "where are my locals" or "what fill in locals do I get" etc I either search for a callsign in the market or just the city (ctrl + F for firefox)

btw: Montgomery HD is only on 129

Echostar/Dish 14 has the spot beam B04 listed as San Diego, however, the locals are still listed as being on 110. Been watching the locals lists and seems still no mention of any move to use B04. Any word on using this spotbeam for San Diego?

i just spent 30 minutes on the phone with dish, both regular and corp

here are my findings

1. No one that you are allowed to talk to knows anything, or they are not saying.

2. they dont realise the nbc station they are giving you is not local, 100miles and a different dma, is not local

3. the corp secretary will not transfer you to the office of the ceo

now i am off to email the local tv stations

Let me know how things went. I was on the phone with dish last night and got the same results. I also sent a bunch of emails last night to the stations but have yet to hear anything

heard back from wboc

Assuming that your statement is correct, I cannot tell you why. We have been trying to get both Dish Network and DirecTV to carry us for years. Our efforts to obtain satellite carriage continue, but I cannot speak for the satellite companies.

It’s my hope they will launch our stations at some point this year.

heard back from wboc

Assuming that your statement is correct, I cannot tell you why. We have been trying to get both Dish Network and DirecTV to carry us for years. Our efforts to obtain satellite carriage continue, but I cannot speak for the satellite companies.

It’s my hope they will launch our stations at some point this year.

well i asked some more questions and got this

Dish network broke off negotiations with us two weeks ago. We are, however, thisclose to a potential announcement involving DirecTV. Please Stand by.

I figured Direct would be following Dish (as usual) and providing locals to 100% of the country. Dish needs to re-word their advertising tho - they only provide to 99% (still no Salisbury)!!

When i contact many different CSR's/tech support via the online chat, i kept getting the same response:

"You are paying for your package. The locals, as we get them will be added at no additional charge to you."

So at least we know when they do finally add Salisbury locals, we will not be charged extra:rolleyes:

Sorry don't know for sure.

I have felt your pain, IIRR, Baltimore was the largest DMA without Locals for a long time.

Is "moving" out of the question?

already did, but i would like to have my locals for news, and weather, specially with the thunderstorm season here

will dish network offer the subchannels to our local channels? we finally got our cbs channel for the jackson, tn area but its out of Cape Girardeau, Missouri and one of there subchannels is the CW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)