DISH Locals Launching in June

You may see some subchannels eventually, like your CW channel. Keep in mind that most subchannels are garbage and don't expect to ever see them. they take up too much transponder space.

Pretty awesome that Dish Network has all 210 local markets. I'm sure each market will continue to expand somewhat, although some of the smaller local channels are nothing to write home about.

actually right now its 209

Salisbury, MD doesnt have any of its 3 locals. All they have is an imported NBC. The CBS/Fox and ABC are getting money grubby and arent on yet

Everybody including the Charlie Chat says that 100% of the country is covered. Dishnetwork.com says that I should be getting my locals. But I have called numerous times to Dish to add them and they continue to tell me that my address is not eligible for my locals. :confused: My zip code is 38344 and I should be getting the Jackson TN locals. I know for a fact that at least our FOX and ABC (that's all we get here) are being beamed up and beamed back down. So why can't I get them? All Dish reps tell me as they are adding new markets all the time. They seem to know nothing about the 100% coverage.

Everybody including the Charlie Chat says that 100% of the country is covered. Dishnetwork.com says that I should be getting my locals. But I have called numerous times to Dish to add them and they continue to tell me that my address is not eligible for my locals. :confused: My zip code is 38344 and I should be getting the Jackson TN locals. I know for a fact that at least our FOX and ABC (that's all we get here) are being beamed up and beamed back down. So why can't I get them? All Dish reps tell me as they are adding new markets all the time. They seem to know nothing about the 100% coverage.

I went to dish.com and put in an address of 128 main st in Huntingdon and it says you can get these channels. Have you called since Jun 3, they went active that day on sat. 110

JACKSON, TN PBS-WLKT
JACKSON, TN ABC-WBBJ
PADUCAH NBC-WPSD
PADUCAH CBS-KFVS
JACKSON, TN FOX-WJKT

Last edited:

Channels are available for you in SD only. They are all located on the 110 satellite. Is your Dish setup looking at 110? If you have eastern arc you are not seeing 110. They need to add a wing dish to 110 or change you to western arc.

I went to dish.com and put in an address of 128 main st in Huntingdon and it says you can get these channels. Have you called since Jun 3, they went active that day on sat. 110

JACKSON, TN PBS-WLKT
JACKSON, TN ABC-WBBJ
PADUCAH NBC-WPSD
PADUCAH CBS-KFVS
JACKSON, TN FOX-WJKT

Channels are available for you in SD only. They are all located on the 110 satellite. Is your Dish setup looking at 110? If you have eastern arc you are not seeing 110. They need to add a wing dish to 110 or change you to western arc.

Yes I'm pointed at 110 to get the distant locals. All indications say I should be getting these channels. But the CSR's at Dish say they are not available to me. This is where I am confused. My account on Dishnetwork.com has the option to add them but I can't seen to do it online. I have called three times and been on chat twice and I get the same answer....that my address is not eligible to receive locals at this time and that they are adding new markets all the time. The last time I called was on the 15th with the same response. They apologize for the error at dishnetwork.com for it showing that they are available to me when they are supposedly not. Yet on the Charlie Chat they showed a montage of new local channels that are now available and my Jackson TN locals were included in that clip. I'm very confused and frustrated about this.

email ceo AT dishnetwork DOT com and explain the situation. They should be able to remedy it. Make sure to include acct number and the address on file (if you "moved") ;)

Right now according to Dish EVERYONE in the US can get some type of locals in SD

If you are getting one of the HD Standalone Packages such as Dish America Silver, is there an additional charge to get the local channels(whether they are in HD or now)?

Davae

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts