Dish locals Topeka, Ks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Topeka locals launched yesterday evening in Totoland, Requires 105 Superdish. Fox still in negotiations

Signed on for Topeka locals today

I called E* this morning and asked for the Topeka locals. CSR added me to "a list" and informed me that I would be contacted within 30-60 days by the install contractor to arrange for the dish swap to a SuperDish.

Not holding my breath, but will report back here how long it takes to get the job done.

Locals by Christmas 2004!

JohnR

Official Press Release

DISH Network Satellite Television Brings Local Channels to Topeka, Kansas

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 13, 2004--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) announced today that its DISH Network(TM) will offer local TV channels by satellite television to Topeka, Kan.

The following local TV channels will be available: ABC Ch. 49 (KTKA), CBS Ch. 13 (WIBW), FOX Ch. 43 (KTMJ), NBC Ch. 27 (KSNT) and PBS Ch. 11 (KTWU).

This is the first time local TV channels are available by satellite in Topeka, providing an alternative to local cable TV service. DISH Network now offers local channels as part of its new Digital Home Advantage. Starting at $29.99 per month, this promotion offers customers free installation for up to four TVs, with no commitment and no hardware to buy and includes more than 60 popular TV channels such as ESPN, Discovery and Nickelodeon, plus local Topeka TV channels.

DISH Network has frozen the lowest all digital TV price through January 2005. Customers can call DISH Network or a local satellite TV retailer to learn how to get a free multi-satellite dish antenna required to receive Topeka-area local channels. DISH Network also provides digital video recording technologies, high definition TV and international channels to the Topeka area.

"The availability of local channels on DISH Network gives TV viewers in the Topeka area an even more compelling reason to switch from cable," said Michael Schwimmer, senior vice president of Programming at EchoStar. "Customers who are fed up with the cable companies' outrageous rate increases now have access to local news, weather and sports via all-digital satellite TV -- only on DISH Network -- at a competitive price."

DISH Network offers local channels via satellite to 17 counties in the Topeka area: Brown, Clay, Cloud, Coffey, Geary, Jackson, Jefferson, Lyon, Marshall, Morris, Nemaha, Osage, Pottawatomie, Riley, Shawnee, Wabaunsee and Washington counties.

With the addition of Topeka, DISH Network offers local channels in 114 cities and their metro areas, in 46 states nationwide, and in the District of Columbia.

For customers who do not subscribe to Digital Home Advantage, local channels will be available at $5.99 per month.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) serves more than 9.4 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM) and is a leading U.S. provider of advanced digital television services. DISH Network's services include hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network is the leader in the sale of digital video recorders (DVRs). Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 800-333-DISH (3474).

I live in the area that they say Topeka serves. I wonder if they are going to make me start taking Topeka or will they let me keep KC instead. I can get most Topeka OTA and I would just as soon like to keep it the way I have it since the CBS OTA is HD. I also like having 2 options in case of pre-empting occurances.

MikeF said:
I live in the area that they say Topeka serves. I wonder if they are going to make me start taking Topeka or will they let me keep KC instead. I can get most Topeka OTA and I would just as soon like to keep it the way I have it since the CBS OTA is HD. I also like having 2 options in case of pre-empting occurances.

You must have "moved"...since your address in Dish's system is a KC DMA address, you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)