Dish locals

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Ok this is weird. I dropped my locals after I got the 622 cuz I got all of the stations I wanted with ota. Well anyhow when I saw that hd channels were coming for washington dc I was curious to see if it was listed on there site yet. So I went and typed in my address and stuff to see what locals I would get. And when it came it said I wasn't eligible for any and that I qualified for Distant Network A La Carte locals. Now I just had the washington dc locals a couple of weeks ago so I don't see how this is possible. I even tried another address and the same thing came up. Then I tried an address in another town and it said they got the locals so I don't know what's happening.

Ok this is really weird I went to my account on dish network. And it also says I only qualify for distant networks. Could the dma for my area have changed or something?

drock85 said:
Ok this is weird. I dropped my locals after I got the 622 cuz I got all of the stations I wanted with ota. Well anyhow when I saw that hd channels were coming for washington dc I was curious to see if it was listed on there site yet. So I went and typed in my address and stuff to see what locals I would get. And when it came it said I wasn't eligible for any and that I qualified for Distant Network A La Carte locals. Now I just had the washington dc locals a couple of weeks ago so I don't see how this is possible. I even tried another address and the same thing came up. Then I tried an address in another town and it said they got the locals so I don't know what's happening.
Goes by your zip code..In fact Dish has nothing to do with the decision..DMA and LIL are determined by AC Nielsen..It is possoible that the boundaties of your DMA had been adjusted
..Since you are eligible for distant locals due to being outside of a grade B signal curvature, enjoy..You can pick whatveer distant locals you wish

I think something has changed. I just checked my zip code and it says that I qualify for distant locals a la carte. My DMA was one of the last to get locals and prior to that I tried on several occasions to get a waiver from my local networks. They all turned me down. Why would dish now tell me that I qualify for distant locals??? :rolleyes:

TV Market maps here: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/TVMarkets

The counties that are not shaded (white) are counties that have moved from the market to another since these maps were first made three years ago.

However, my guess is that the address broker on Dish is just plain broken at this time.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
same here. I'm in sacramento area and I get my locals and now I can also get DN. Now, I did apply for waivers in the past for all four and many time it got denied.Could this be that now it got aproved?