DISH Long Term Customers

I've been with Dish for 19 years and they have always treated me great. Anytime I have a problem, they take care of me. I don't abuse that privilege. When I called to upgrade from 2 Hopper's and 4 Joeys they gave me 1Hopper 3 and 4 4k Joey's at no charge.

Occasionally I have had a CSR or a Dirt member not take care of me but I just escalated the issue and eventually got it taken care of.

I have to say that I'm very happy with Dish

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes I talked on the phone for 1 hour 13 minutes exactly. Yes I signed paperwork before he left and there was a section on that form that said I was not signing up for a 2-year contract, he made note of that. When I spoke on the phone I made the point that after my 10 months they had me for another 14 months to do as they please (if I was on a contract). A new contract was not an option for me, I was not interested in that unless they could get me to the new customer price for the 2 years which he was not able to do. That is when he continued to offer me the 10 months at 70 (before taxes) and said he would offer everything off contract. Go Steelers! (next year) ; )

Reactions: AngryStamen
I have been a Dish customer for 16+ years. I called today and was able to get a full upgrade. Getting rid of my 722k and 512. Will now have Hopper 3 and two Joey 2.0's. Equipment and installation is free. I also got a $50 discount per month for 12 months, and Netflix free for one year. Feeling pretty good right now. :)
You did better then me UNLESS you're on a contract...? Although if I would have been able to get the discount for the entirety then I would've pulled the trigger on being under contract, who wouldn't really for that discount.

The installer probably isn't going to have an OTA adapter. Most of them don't.
Worth asking for sure. The guy that came out to my house had another guy come over to get a part from him. Sounds like you can get certain parts before they leave the warehouse and any parts they don't use can be returned. Guess he simply may have been covering his bases just incase he needed a part. In my case it worked out fantastically. BTW this hopper picks up so many more OTA channels then the 722k I had, although most channels are garbage.

I am leaving work. Headed to the house to get my Hopper 3 installed. Technician should be there within the hour. Whoohoo! I will update later. Planning to take some video and post it too.

Reactions: dalyew
The installer probably isn't going to have an OTA adapter. Most of them don't.
When I got my free Hopper upgrade, back in November, I got Dish to agree to give me the OTA adapter for free when I called to set up the installation. I was told that the installer would not have any OTA adapters, and the CSR could not order the adapter for me until the Hopper was active on my account. So, he left a note on my account, and I had to call Dish after the installer left, to get them to ship the OTA adapter to me.

Check out the People getting Hoppers seems to be a huge positive experience.

That's because this is satellite guys. They are only being nice and doing upgrades for everyone because the social media aspect and customer reviews have more value than it costs them do to the upgrade.

I'm sure this will rank very well with Google when people search for info on the hopper.

That's because this is satellite guys. They are only being nice and doing upgrades for everyone because the social media aspect and customer reviews have more value than it costs them do to the upgrade.

I'm sure this will rank very well with Google when people search for info on the hopper.
Did you decide to get a Hopper 3 yet?

Reactions: Stormy_2021
I have been a Dish customer for 16+ years. I called today and was able to get a full upgrade. Getting rid of my 722k and 512. Will now have Hopper 3 and two Joey 2.0's. Equipment and installation is free. I also got a $50 discount per month for 12 months, and Netflix free for one year. Feeling pretty good right now. :)
Are you getting the dollars off per month from the regular CSRs or are you speaking with Loyalty to get the goodies?

I did not get escalated, so I assumed just the normal CSR. I had to call back in today to make sure my Netflix discount was getting sent to me. I had the code within 10 minutes of the call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)