Hopper 3 wont transfer Timers

jrapps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
Tech is here doing install right now...I tried restoring the timers from the remote, the Hopper 3 downloaded the "backup", rebooted, but no timers!

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to get timers from an old remote other than the diagnostics screen?

Any other ideas?

It took a little bit for my timers to show up yesterday after we restored them from Diagnostic tools. We had to unpair the 52 remote and and pair the 40 remote then use the diagnostic->restore settings. It did not work when I had both paired.

OK we finally got them. I removed the 52 remote and restored again...still weren't there. Then I connected the old hopper to the new one and did a "transfer recordings". Not sure which of those steps finally did the trick, but the timers are saved.

Incidentally, none of the recordings copied as others have said (this feature is not fully baked yet) but I can live with that.

You did what?

First we un-paired the 52.0 remote so that the 40 remote was the only one connected. I then went back into the diagnostics screen and did a restore to hopper from remote. After that step the H3 rebooted but I still didn't see timers. I don't know if they had copied and it was just still doing something in the background or not but they weren't in my Timers list.

I then connected the old H2 to the H3 with an Ethernet cable and went back into the H3 diagnostics screen and selected the Transfer Recordings option.

Unfortunately it might have all been for nothing....we can't get the Joeys to work and now the installer things it's because we restored the settings & timers before getting the Joeys working so he wants to hard reset the system. Hopefully once it is all working I can restore again....sigh.

That said, the installer is great...very impressed so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts