Dish Model 811 - P2.89 Software Update

SoftwrDude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
This information is from Dish Network TechPortal obtained on July 6, 2005 at 1:07 PM (GMT -4).

"
7/05/2005: 1720 Software Version P2.89 for DP811

Effective Thursday, July 7th, Engineering plans to spool the FIRST PHASE of software version P2.89 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P2.84, P2.85, P2.87 and P2.89 will be valid software versions for the DP811."

what does non-forced mean? are they going to dump the new software to the box automatically or do we have to request it?
thank you.

Yeah, right. That site said P2.88 was going to spool two weeks ago. Guess what? It DIDN'T!

I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now. :cool:

hey you are cynical aren't you? i noticed it big time on the Voom site. and what's with the upside down longhorn. you don't appreciate a winner i can see. :D

aspanjer said:
hey you are cynical aren't you? i noticed it big time on the Voom site. and what's with the upside down longhorn. you don't appreciate a winner i can see. :D
I appreciate a winner. I'm a Sooner fan. Five in a row vs. the Shorthorns, and counting. :)

VOOM is a loser. :D

aspanjer,

289 is a maintenance release and it is not a forced update from what I have heard. You will need to have 811 set for automatic update to receive it.

As to it spooling today, well I heard it won't be spooling to day but you should see it soon. As to Mike, well we have a bet going and my I feel confident that I will be winning that bet soon.

WeeJavaDude said:
... As to Mike, well we have a bet going and my I feel confident that I will be winning that bet soon.
Every day that goes by without an update brings me closer to victory. @party

Hey Mr UpsideDown Longhorn dude .. Ask Michigan about Vince Young. He has been talking about OU ever since the RoseBowl .. this year is going to be sweet for the 'Horns.

My 811 settings are good to go for the automatic update. If it happens tomorrow, that probably means UT will win.

I do miss Voom, but Dish is doing pretty dang well.

nah you got it wrong.

fix stuff that people claim is broken, break stuff that works just fine

I wonder if IT WAS spooled today or not?

cuz this page of theirs, s/w update page: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp - doesn't have anything on this yet....

[EDIT] Oh, Sorry .. in another thread it said Wed, July 6.. but in this thread, i just noticed, it says Thu, July 7...

Hehe.. so that's still tomorrow then.. i guess they changed the "launch" date for it :)

Weather related? :D (j/k)

P289 is now here

Just got my download for P289. DO not know what changed but i see a logo for tv guide when you press your guide botton. Hope every thing will work ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)