Dish Mover and Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sumeri

Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
socal
Just got off the phone with Dish to schedule my dish mover.
We have been customers for 3 years.
Currently have a 722 (Main room and master bedroom) and a standard receiver that works for both the kids rooms.
I want to have HD in my master bedroom so I asked about getting another HD receiver for the master. She told me it would be $450 for that receiver.
WTF?
Cable is offering triple play (phone, internet and tv) for $124 a month and they want me to spend $450 for a new receiver? We are currently paying $130 a month for dish.
Is there anything I can do to get another receiver without paying the $450?
Seems ridicules. I don't want to get rid of Dish but it is getting hard to justify it.

which receiver were you trying to get?

Buy a 211k from dishstore.net for $119. If you want a DVR you can always add an external hard drive to it for a small fee. all in all it will be less than half of what they quoted you. you might try CSR roulette until you get someone who will do it for less. good luck and hope they can work it out for you.

Just got off the phone with Dish to schedule my dish mover.
We have been customers for 3 years.
Currently have a 722 (Main room and master bedroom) and a standard receiver that works for both the kids rooms.
I want to have HD in my master bedroom so I asked about getting another HD receiver for the master. She told me it would be $450 for that receiver.
WTF?

So you want to add one more receiver? I would send them back the 722 and put in two 211k''s in their place and use a External HDD for one or the other if you want DVR access - its a one time fee of $40 but its well worth it and gives you both HD and DVR at each of those locations.

What I would do is wait for the tech to arrive, hope its setup early morning cause this may take a while....tell the tech what you need (BE NICE TO THEM!) and while he's running lines he will need to run a dedicated line to each box location to the ground blocks that run to the Dish... once he's done that he can then close the mover work order - call dish to setup a change of service/receiver swap work order and then swap them out for you thus he's done all the work needed and will get paid twice for his trouble so long as he has two 211k's on his truck. If this works don't be afraid to tip the guy cause building work orders is a pain in the butt!

Then you just need to get on say newgg.com purchase 1 or 2 external HDD's for your 211k's, pay the one time fee to access them and BOOM your done!

Here is a link to the External HDD that I have.
Newegg.com - Western Digital My DVR Expander 1TB eSATA External Hard Drive WDG1S10000VN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)