Dish Mover Moved Me Early

Big D

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I will be moving from CA to AZ next month and because I will be going back and forth some, I went ahead and scheduled a Dish Mover appointment for my new address in AZ now on a day next month where I knew I would be in AZ. Well, I was moved right away, my guide shows Mountain Time instead of Pacific and I lost my CA HD locals.

Called in for tech support and after two different support folks, it appears that Dish Mover moves you as soon as you set up an appointment, even if it is out a month. Only way to get my account back to CA DMA was to cancel Dish Mover.

So I guess my question is, any way around waiting till I want my CA DMA cancelled in favor of AZ before making an appointment? Seems to me it should allow a pending appointment to be make on a day I can be there and leave the account alone till the new install and then change the account to the new DMA.

You should be getting arizona HD locals if they are available if not under spot beam you might not get the SD channels

The issue was I lost my CA DMA HD channels (and did not pick up the AZ DMA HD) and the guide was on the wrong time zone, not workable. Had to put it back as before I requested the Dish Mover.

Again, what I want to do is schedule a Dish Mover appointment now and not have the move made immediately.

There is not really any way aroud that. Dish just does that. You dont really need to schedule that far in advance.

There is not really any way aroud that. Dish just does that. You dont really need to schedule that far in advance.

Figures, if something simple can be screwed up, Dish will find a way to do so.

Thanks for the help,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)