Dish Mover - Questions about Eastern Arc & Locals

Coop1979

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Hi there guys -

I'm going to be doing through a Dish Mover process in the middle of next month, and I have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer.

• I am a Dish Absolute customer with a 722 and a 211k. When they come and install my Dish again, is there a chance they will install me on Eastern Arc since I'm an all-HD customer? I'll be moving into a Eastern Arc DMA.
  • I'm going to be moving into a new DMA (from the Columbia, SC DMA to the Greenville, SC DMA). How can I keep my Columbia locals? Will I need to "move" my service address shortly after they come do the Dish Mover?

Hi there guys -

I'm going to be doing through a Dish Mover process in the middle of next month, and I have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer.

• I am a Dish Absolute customer with a 722 and a 211k. When they come and install my Dish again, is there a chance they will install me on Eastern Arc since I'm an all-HD customer? I'll be moving into a Eastern Arc DMA.
  • I'm going to be moving into a new DMA (from the Columbia, SC DMA to the Greenville, SC DMA). How can I keep my Columbia locals? Will I need to "move" my service address shortly after they come do the Dish Mover?
No..For the time being, the eastern arc is for new customers only using mepg 4 equipment..

Yes, if you want to keep your other locals and you are within the 100 mile spotbeam range then you will have to "move" back to your old address. I would wait at least a day and then call back, or use the dishonline chat feature to inform them that you moved back to your old address( or a new address you make up like an apartment number on your old address) and make sure that they take off the new locals and add only your old locals back. I did a " move" to my real address and got my city locals. I then "moved "back a month later to Houston less than 90 miles away and got Houston locals , but my real city locals were still on my bill along with the Houston as well. I used the dishonline chat on their website the first time and had to use it again to have the other city removed. No sense paying for my real city locals when I can get them ota on my dvr.

I've had trouble with changing my address on the online chat, the CSR said that a professional installer would have to set up the equipment, and when I said equipment was already set up at the new location, he said a professional installer would have to come out and check to make sure everything was installed. I then said I would have to reschedule and gave up on "moving" for a while, I will be literally moving to South Carolina soon, anyhow...

Try again. Another csr later at night will most likely be able to help you. I have always used the online chat late at night when I wanted to do any changes. It is called csr roullete. Try again till you get the answer you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts