DISH Moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishg

Original poster
May 19, 2011
USA
What happens during the moving process (once I tell DISH I am moving and before they install at my new place) and I cancel my service during this process? I am not under contract. Thank You.

dishg said:
What happens during the moving process (once I tell DISH I am moving and before they install at my new place) and I cancel my service during this process? I am not under contract. Thank You.

Nothing. Someone might call to say they are on their way to do your install, but just tell them you cancelled your service if they do.

There is an order created for a tech to come out to the new location on say June 1st (whatever day you asked them to move the acct). RIght now your account shows the address you are currently at. It wont change untiol the day the tech comes out to move the equipment
If you call today and cancel the account completely, that overrides the future order

I see, but when I talked with DISH chat they said as soon as I call them about moving, the new address is where the active account will be...even before the installation.

I see, but when I talked with DISH chat they said as soon as I call them about moving, the new address is where the active account will be...even before the installation.
I apologize that you were given incorrect information. Iceberg is correct that the service will remain active at the current location until the install is complete at the new location at which time the service will be "moved" to the new location. This is completely different that canceling the service which at the point of cancellation will discontinue service completely.

the only time a move is done right away is when you "move" and tell Dish there is a dish already there (note the quotes in the word move) ;)

hey isberg if I "move" and tell them that there is already dish there...will they charge me anything and can I cancel after doing that?

since the order is already open I dont think that would work

"moving" is having Dish (or Directv) change your address without you actually moving. Its mainly used when people want a different/better set of locals (like the neighboring market has a better set of locals)

I haven't placed an order to move yet...correct me if I am wrong...if I call dish and tell them I "moved" already and tell them to change the address will they take off the account at my current address and change it to the new address?

Whats RSN's? But can I still view the TV at the current home? Also, would I be able to create a new account (new dish service) under another family member's name? Will they charge me anything for the "move"?

RSN- Regional sports networks. You can view everything at your current home with new locals from the area that you told DISH you "moved" to. There is no charge to "move" but there is a commitment to really move through DISH if someone from DISH comes to your new house to install a dish. As for another account , I have three DISH accounts all in MY name for my parents , aunt & myself. Why do you want another account in another family member's name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)