Dish Music

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I know that I can (and do) subscribe to the Dish CD music package, which gives me about 30 music stations in the Dish CD range (channels 950 through 980) for $5 a month on top of my Dish Absolute HD package cost.

But I would like to ask someone at Dish why the Dish Music channels in the channel 920 through 940 range are not a part of that $5 music package and why they are not avaiable as ala carte and are only available under top 250 package.

Customer service, of course, would be (and is) clueless... so I was hoping to contact someone else that may have a good reason. I think that the true reason is that everyone at Dish just forgot to make music options available as an ala carte option for HD only customers.... the Dish CD $5 package, for instance, was created not for HD but for Top 100 customers before they threw the Dish CD stations into the Top 100 package to make it Top 100 instead of Top 60.

Anyone know how to ask someone at Dish who might know something?

The monaural audio channels are part of a commercial Muzak package for businesses for about $40 a month from Muzak directly. They are available on AT250 as a "bonus". I have no idea what the contract with Muzak might be but Dish cannot sell the audio monaural channels a la carte.

BTW: The 923-947 channels are monaural (not stereo) and the dynamic range is crushed to have even sound. This music is designed to be mental wallpaper. To be just there and really never heard. Literally mood music.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts