Dish Name Based Recording DVR Software Update

They mentioned that at one point, without actually saying the model number. However, they also mentioned that the new HD DVR would be coming out early next year. It appears they are talking out of both sides of their...ummm. mouths. I'm shocked...SHOCKED to hear contradictory information like that from Dish.

Well, if the 942 is based on the 522, and the base code is as similar as it might be, that would explain it.

On the other hand, the 721 & 921 are Eldon (which explains everything anyway), and the code bases seem to have diverged big time.

My guess is that we will see it when we see it and who knows what receiver we will see it on first.

It would be great to see it appear on a 942 released in late October, but the planets would have to allign for that one to happen.

Since I have not seen a recap on the Tech chat, that must be a sign that it was a total waste of time.

I just started using the 510 receiver and do not like Dish's interface for recording stuff...not that intuitive at all. But now I do understand what a fantastic difference (along with less worrisome recording) NBR can make!!...its not just a nice to have, its a must-have!! Come'on Dish buck up.

I noticed the comment that "nobody" on Dish has had the chance to see name based recording. Does the 7100/7200 DishPlayer provide this feature and what are the differences between that and what you'd like? :neener

I know that Dish can't port the code from the Microsoft co-developed 7100/7200, just wondering what the features are exactly that everyone would like.

</semi joke on> Perhaps Dish needs to add the FSS software support to the 7100/7200, up the hard drive capacity and re-release this to customers for NBR needs. </semi joke off> :shh

:usa

The 7X00 was a great unit, especially the name-based-recording, the only reason I switched to a 721 was for the dual tuners in one box.

Except the name based recording was kind of half assed and constantly flaked out (Random Recordings which often conflicted with other timers... Conflicts that would prohibit setting a timer, but wouldn't let you delete the erroneous timer, etc.)

The name based recording on the 7200 I had worked great to NOT record shows that pre-emped the program I wanted to record and would OCCASIONALLY move the recording an hour when a program was moved.

The biggest problem I had with it was that it could not distinguish between the three Law and Order series. If you set it to record one "every time" you got all three series scheduled in that time slot though the week. The reason it was a problem was becase I like the original and CI. I do not like (not even a little bit) SVU. So I was deleting SVU every week from my PTV lrecordings.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts