Dish needs to bring back MAV TV

Reactions: robstudio
what iheard that it was some amount difference between dish and mavtv that is the reason it was pulled i would request the channel again.if you would like to see it come back.

Took a long time to get some hope for The Smithsonian Channel.
We had Smithsonian and once the library was exhausted, it became a burden. This is even more of an issue in an environment where DVRs with long-term storage capability are so prevalent.

There's almost always something new (at least within the last 6 months) on MAV TV. Until Fox Sports and ESPN regularly carry racing other than in arena settings, MAV TV offers a lot of unique and relatively current programming.

maybe Dish will bring something to replace USN
Do you have a suggestion?

I watched USN only once and it was bicycle road racing. That used to be the domain of Speed. FS1 and Speed don't seem to have a lot in common.

I absolutely agree that we need to have somebody that covers a wider variety of sports much as we used to get with ABC's Wide World of Sports. Everything from figure skating to destruction derbys. Who could forget the "slide for life" in the Joie Chitwood Thrill Shows?

As it is, it seems like the incumbents just deliver a whole lot more of fewer and fewer sports with car auctions, poker tournaments, draft coverage and infomercials thrown in for bad measure.

Reactions: papachops
None of those could be considered a replacement for the kind of content that Universal Sports Network carried.

Was it determined that the "rest of Encore" channels were available in HD? Wanting DISH to add something in HD that doesn't exist is some hard core wishful thinking.

Yes, I agree dish needs to bring back MavTV. No other channel covers motorsports like they do. I would switch but my only option is DirecTV or time warner. DirecTV doesn't have it in HD last time I checked and I refuse to give time warner my money so I am stuck.

AT&T's Uverse doesn't offer MAV TV at all so it is anybody's guess whether or not their DIRECTV division will step up. I've always thought it was a crime that a "HD Sports Leader" didn't carry the most diverse channel in motorsports in HD. I was watching some Australian rally on a UHD TV at Costco the other day and it was pretty rough going (the viewing, not the racing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts