DISH Neophyte

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Airstreamer

Original poster
May 2, 2009
Florida
Here's a dumb question for the group from a new guy. I'm an RV'er heading for the Teton Nat. Park in NW Wyoming to work for the summer. Before leaving home in Florida I purchased an HD package from DISH along with a 211K receiver and 1000.4 antenna. It appears my system is set up to use the 61.5W, 72.7W, 77W triad of satellites. Presently I am in Arizona at the Grand Canyon and this group of birds are way low on the eastern horizon. Asking around I find that most folks "out here" are using the 110, 119, 129 triad. How do I switch groups? Can I switch groups without some sort of contract change with DISH or do I simply point and shoot? Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Airstreamer

actually Hifi that wouldnt work as he has a D1000.4

61.5/72/77 are 11.5 & 5 degrees apart

110/119/129 are 9 & 10 degrees apart

The dishes are not compatible with both EA & WA...He would need to aim at EA

checking some numbers, I use Missoula, MT which is farther north and 72 is at 22.8 elevation...very doable as long as there is a line of site
61.5 is a little lower at 16 but again very doable (16 is what 148 elevation is here in Minnesota)

In the grand canyon the elevation is 31 for 72W (which is the middle LNB)

do you have an hd tv in your rv? if not, save money and buy a cheaper dish 500 with a dpptwin lnb. its smaller and easier to set up and point as well.

yes, but that was for his home i was assuming. and i didnt know if he had an hd tv in his rv or not. many folks like to get a 211 for the rv just to have the digital ota for their locals when they travel from town to town.

Thanks

Thanks everybody,

This all might be a moot point. When I get to Wyoming where I'll be working for the summer, I'll just try to hit the EA. Lotta trees and mountains up there though. If I can't hit it what, I need a different LNB to use the WA?

Airstreamer

Even when the phrase "I purchased an HD package" appears in the post?

i understand that he purchased an hd pack. the only reason i asked is because perhaps he purchased the system for use in his home when he is not traveling in his rv. that is why i asked if the tv in his rv was hd. the post did not state the system was specically purchased for his rv only. sounded to me he just wanted to use his house system in his rv while he travled.

Got HD at home and RV. Thought I'd just move the receiver and antenna when I travel. Next year I'll leave the 1000.4 at home and grab a used 1000.2 to travel. If I go west again that is. Again, I appreciate the help and feedback.

Airstreamer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts