Dish Netflix Tie Up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am not sure why some folks can see it and others cant. I have seen it for a few days, and figured that someone here would post something about it. If they would offer a Netflix app on the Hopper I would seriously consider coming over to Dish from DirecTV. It would be really nice to be able to search for a movie or something and it integrate both the linear channels and VOD services such as Netflix. I figure that is just wishful thinking though.
Hulu Plus would seemingly make more sense as the Networks run that.

Hulu Plus would seemingly make more sense as the Networks run that.

The same networks that are always suing Dish?

Netflix makes more sense than Hulu because they will soon become the "network" carrying Disney 1st run movies as well as the Disney catalog. Add the fact that Netflix's tv series are, on the whole, pretty darn good, carrying Netflix will be an advantage and maybe a necessity for any pay-tv service.

Now $8.99, for new customers. Still $7.99 for another year for existing I believe.
The email I received a couple weeks ago said the $7.99 was going to be good for 2 years....

In order to continue adding more movies and TV shows, we are increasing our price from $7.99 to $8.99 for new members. As a thank you for being a member of Netflix already, we guarantee that your plan and price will not change for two years.

I know it was meant as a joke, however that actually makes more sense to me than the Verizon talk. DISH already has a foot in the door with Roku, imagine if they owned both. Roku streaming Dish programming found with a Netflix subscription. Get a virtual Joey and/or a real Sling app and you have a real online service. Then use their spectrum to have wireless internet where possible. Sounds like they already have a good amount of programming they can put there, including of course Disney.

I know it was meant as a joke, however that actually makes more sense to me than the Verizon talk. DISH already has a foot in the door with Roku, imagine if they owned both. Roku streaming Dish programming found with a Netflix subscription. Get a virtual Joey and/or a real Sling app and you have a real online service. Then use their spectrum to have wireless internet where possible. Sounds like they already have a good amount of programming they can put there, including of course Disney.

Yes it was tongue in cheek,but yes,it would make sense too. Drop the Blockbuster name,use Netflix,& if the ATT-Directv merger is approved,then go with either Sprint or T-Mobile to also merge with. Buying Roku & putting it under Echostar would be the way to go also.

I haven't heard anything about this... but to me it something that should have been done a long time ago. I want to watch everything with one box.

TiVo :). The ONE box. Even TiVo fanboys are bitter over that hype. Although the new Roamio models are finally up to snuff and are comparable to Genie and Hopper in features. I can watch my CNET and Twit and more on TiVo downloaded to the HDD. However, the Netflix, etc., experience is just plain inferior on just about any box but the Roku. Hence, we may NEVER see a ONE box, especially with Amazon having its voice search working for ITS content and not Netfilx, et al.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that Dish's website rotates different offers on and off. Plus, if you've ever logged into your account at dish.com, they may place a different cookie that may NOT show new customer offers (or could).

I just poked around their site quite a bit and see nothing about Netflix. I did get links to this offer if I search for 'netflix' though.

========

I just went to Dish's website from Firefox (which hasn't logged in at dish.com for a long time) and here's what showed up:

NETFLIX
MEETS DISH.

Get DISH and get six months of Netflix included – even if you already subscribe to Netflix. Sign up today and get a free Hopper upgrade!*

I am not sure why some folks can see it and others cant.
DISH uses cookies to redirect to a different version of their website (mydish.com) for subscribers. Existing subscribers aren't shown the latest sign-up offers but are instead shown things that may be of interest to existing subscribers (Hopper, referrals, Movers, etc).

Could somebody loan me some sandpaper so I can scrape the Blockbuster logo off my Hopper?
Maybe dish will send out little Netflix stickers to paste over the BB logo.

It would be great to use Netflix from the Hopper/Joey rather than flipping over to another box.

now they need to do a netflix app where can we get the software for playon for the hopper.

I watch Netflix in full HD on my Hopper and Joey's now.

I use a piece of software called PlayOn and it works GREAT!
So, first you install the PlayOn media server on a computer in your house (9 out of 10 people won't even make it to this step) and add the Netflix channel to the server. From your Hopper or Joey, you go to the "Home Media" menu, pick PlayOn from the list, and then the Netflix app. Sounds like something everyone will take advantage of right away .... not !! :nana2

(Fierceonlinevideo.com) - Subscribers to Dish Networkwho opt for its Hopper DVRwill get an added bonus: six free months of Netflix, thanks to a deal the satellite operator signed with the SVOD provider. However, those subscribers won't find Netflix bundled into their DVRs, Variety reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts