Dish network 1000 sat help???

ire

Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
Okay here is my situation -

Currently I have directv, which I hate, so I am switching to dish, I used to have them. I recently purchased a dish network 1000 sat for me to go back and use my old boxes, have had directv for a yr, doing this myself so I do not have a contract. I currently have a dish network 1000 dish, it's a black dish and says dish hd on it. Currently I have directv hooked up with the lnb on that going to a directv mulitswitch, 3 lines from the lnb into it, then 3 lines run out to 3 rooms. I am going to be putting the dish sat on and using the 3 cable to run from the 3 lnbs on the dish sat and I then will run it to a dish mulitswitch, can I used a dp34 for this with no problems? Also, one box is going to be a dual tuner to run to another room, can I run a box with a dual tuner fine if the 3 cables are running from the mulitswitch to the 3 rooms? Will the room without the box pickup the dual tuner signal on a channel like it used to when I had dish before? I think it was on channel 78, or will the dp34 take all 3 lnb lines in from the sat and run to all 3 room lines a straight signal and not allow a dual tuner? Do I need to maybe run a splitter after the dp34 between the room that the dual tuner is going into and the room I war to get the second signal on? Thanks for your help...

A 34 switch will not work with a dual tuner rcvr. Also will need a diplexer n line to use the 2nd tv off of dual tuner.

Blind leading blind? English as a second language?

Your black dish most certainly has a switch built in, unless someone converted it to individual lnb's. no switch should be needed, if there is a dpp logo on the lnb, and only one line needed for dual tuner when used with a dpp separator.

dp34 switches will work with dual tuner receivers, they require 2 lines from switch to receiver.

Last edited:
So the black dish would have the switch built in? Does that mean when I take out the directv switch I can just add barrels and eliminate the switch completely and the switch built into the lnb on the dish would allow me to run a dual receiver with each of the 3 lines running to 3 rooms??? Ill have 2 boxes and be dual tuning one, thanks for the help.

So the black dish would have the switch built in? Does that mean when I take out the directv switch I can just add barrels and eliminate the switch completely and the switch built into the lnb on the dish would allow me to run a dual receiver with each of the 3 lines running to 3 rooms??? Ill have 2 boxes and be dual tuning one, thanks for the help.

Yes :) . What will your other receiver be? The one that's not a dual tuner?

I think my other receiver may actually be a dual receiver too, but I won't be utilizing it like that, I have it put away. It's nice to know now I can use barrels to attach the wires together running into the current directv switch when I swap it all out since there is a built in switch in the lnb, thank for your help and saving me from buying a switch I don't need.

What exactly do you have for DISH equipment, picture of the dish would help a 1000 is vague,there are at least five models that could be called 1000.

Last edited:
If it is the original smallish Dish 1000 then there is no switch, just 3 LNBs--I had one with a DPP44. The later 1000.2 and 1000.4 have switches--differing spacing.

That said, the black dish came out later and does have a switch. We don't know if it was salvaged when they put DirecTV heads on it. Best bet is to accept a 2-year contract and get new everything including a Hopper.

-Ken

It's a 1000.2 I believe, a few months old, putchased from eBay from someone that has a rental and their renter had it installed a month before leaving, then they skipped out on their rent. Dish came and took the receiver, but left the dish, they said they didn't want to take a used one, it was left complete with the lnb, it's black and oval and says dish hd on it. It's in mint condition and only a few months old and all original.

Yep one feed directly from the antenna to each dual tuner, for up to three dual tuners. Each dual tuner needs a separator though :) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

A separator is not exactly a splitter. You cannot use a splitter in it's place, it's it's own animal. The separator allows one coax to go to a dual tuner DVR. It takes that coax for input, and outputs two coax that are plugged in to the receiver. You can run a separate coax from the dish or switch to the second DVR. If the second unit is also a dual tuner, you use another separator there.

And let's ignore the "diplexer" comment.

I think I know what you mean now, the dish network seperator has the input from the dish and lnb with built in switch running to it, then then on the other side of the seperator are 2 coaxial cables that plug into the box. Then I just plug the other tv to a coaxial coming directly from the dish/lnb and with the built in switch in the lnb and the separator hooked up to the dual box I should be able to watch tv on the 2nd tv using the dual tuner on the other tv? Thanks for your help...

I think I know what you mean now, the dish network seperator has the input from the dish and lnb with built in switch running to it, then then on the other side of the seperator are 2 coaxial cables that plug into the box. Then I just plug the other tv to a coaxial coming directly from the dish/lnb and with the built in switch in the lnb and the separator hooked up to the dual box I should be able to watch tv on the 2nd tv using the dual tuner on the other tv? Thanks for your help...

You need diplexers buddy. Connecting a cable from your tv directly to your lnb will not get you anything but a headache.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using SatelliteGuys

ForumRunner_20130324_160532.png

ForumRunner_20130324_160554.png

ForumRunner_20130324_160614.png

ForumRunner_20130324_160635.png

These are pictures of parts you need to make a dual tuner work on two TVs using only one cable for signal path from dish location to reciever location. And the proper way for them to be connected in the cable and on the reciever. I am currently on my phone or I'd describe what each picture represents
I'm sure somebody else on this forum can do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using SatelliteGuys

Dish DVR Hard Drive unlock?

Playon and Hopper, not so good :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts